01

Prologue 

What even is love, anyway? You never even know if it's the truth, because all people want to do is fake it. True love doesn't come easy. It never has and it never will.

Kylie Evans. Lily Evan's sister. We're Irish twins. She was born in January of 1960, I was born in October of 1960. Slytherin. I'm not evil (surprised you, didn't I- you stereotypical bastard). 5th year. I want to become a Healer. I grew up with my family to start, and became good friends with James Potter. He explained to me all about Hogwarts and becoming a witch, as he can do everything I can. We've become so close, he's like a brother to me.

 I'm mostly friends with the Maruaders, and my best friend is Lily and a Ravenclaw named Hope, and a Gryffindor named Olivia. Despite our house differences, we're best of friends, and I would trust them with my life. I have striking brown eyes. I have long brown hair, and a ton of freckles on my pale complexion. 5'6.  Anyways, now that I've shared my deepest darkest secrets with you, I better hurry or I'll miss the train that begins my 5th year at Hogwarts. As we arrive at the station, I'm the last one to cross in between borders, per usual. Someone shouts my name. I turn, and sigh.

Luke.

Specifically, Luke Callestan, my ex. He used to be so sweet, but has become distant. He disappeared for summers at a time, and he has these spurts were he is hostile and his eyes turn gold. I can't do it anymore.

"Kylie. You can't just walk away from me like that, honey, you're my property now!"

"How did you know I was here? How am I your piece of property, I'm not a piece of meat!"

I remain calm on the outside, even though internally I'm shaking with fear. He's changed. He's different than the boy I used to know.

"Baby, I was your first kiss. Therefore, I own you."

He says, taking a step towards me. He then attempts to put his hand up my shirt and before I can slap his hand away, someone else does it for me.

A VERY beautiful someone. They have a leather jacket on with longish black hair, and a musky scent of leather and smoke. The back is muscular as are the arms that snaked around me, protecting me from Luke. He is familiar in a way, but I can't place my finger on it. The cheekbones are so chiseled, and his eyelashes are too long and luscious to be on a boy.

"Are you okay Kylie? Sorry I couldn't get here sooner."

"Wha- How do you know my name? How do you know who I am?"

"Seriously, you don't know who I am?"

"No!"

"Sirius. Sirius Black, at your service."

No. That is not Black. It can't be! The last time I saw him, he was an annoying skinny git who couldn't have a time in the world for anyone besides James and girls with nice bums.

But he's pretty damn cute now, a tiny voice in my mind whispers. I regain my composure.

"Well, thanks Black. Puberty did you well."