23

"Oh Kylie!" Sirius sang, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as she walked down the corridor. She rolled her eyes before taking her wand out from the bun she put it in in Transfiguration, letting her hair tumble down onto her shoulders.

"I swear, McGonagall has it out for my social life." Sirius laughed, guiding her down a different corridor. She looked at him suspiciously. "We have Herbology in 5 minutes, Sirius." He smiled cheekily, whistling. He was clearly in a happy mood.

"There MAY have been a minor inconvenience for Professor Sprout that resulted in canceled class." She gasped, turning to him. "What did you do?!" He shook his head, waving a hand. "I didn't say I did anything!" She shook her head, slapping his arm lightly. "Sirius. I know you better then that." He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye.

"We, and I say we so you can kick James's butt as well as mine, may have let a niftier loose in the gardens. Ironically, the only section destroyed were the speaking truckles from Romania that we were supposed to replant." He winced. "Nasty things, they are." She rested a head on his shoulder. "I suppose I can make an exception just this once." Sirius smirked. Phase One had begun successfully. Well, Form P of phase one. There had been a lot of controversy.

"That's my baby girl." He said, grabbing the perfectly hidden flowers as they walked around the corner. "For the most beautiful girl I know." He said softly, whisking the flowers out from his back. She gasped, taking the flowers gently. "Oh, Sirius..." She took in a long breath, breathing in their sweet scent. "Thank you." She gave him a hug and quick kiss. "Why'd you get me flowers?" She asked, giddy from his sudden act of affection. He was only silent, leading her down a different corridor.

The particular one that Sirius had chosen had a tendency to get particularly drafty. Which was, of course why Sirius chose it. Kylie shivered, not expecting the sudden chill. Sirius, who was watching her closely for that exact moment, stopped. "Here." He said, pulling off his sweatshirt. She took it, blushing. When her head popped down from the top again, there were a few pieces of hair sticking up. He reached over and pushed them back gently.

"You're only getting this back when it doesn't smell like you anymore." She said, leaning into his arms. He smiled, kissing her temple. "That's okay, because then it will smell like you." Kylie smiled again, reaching up to kiss his lips again. "You treat me too well, Sirius." He shrugged. "I'm just lucky to have you, baby girl." She smiled and followed him down another corridor to the courtyard. "I have one last present for you." He said, bringing a small box out from his pocket. She gasped, taking it from him slowly.

"Sirius, you didn't have to get me anything." He shook his head, pressing the box into her hands. "Open it." She opened it slowly, and her eyes widened when she saw the bracelet. "We match now!" She said, a giddy smile on her face. He nodded, holding up the matching one on his wrist along with his growing collection. Kylie then noticed the engravings on the inside.

"So I'll never forget." He whispered, holding her hands tightly. She opened her mouth to say something but Sirius shook his head. "No, you don't need to say anything. I needed to do this for you, Ky. You deserve so so much more, and you deserve a guy who remembers important stuff like anniversaries and birthdays instead of random motorcycle facts and muggle Punk music." Kylie giggled. "I like your muggle punk music and motorcycle facts." He shook his head.

"I know you do, Ky, but I also know that you love romance and you love romantic stuff." He paused. "I love you." Her eyes widened and heart jumped to her throat. The words started processing in her mind. He loved her. He, Sirius Black, was in love with her, Kylie Evans. He loved her.

Sirius, of course, knew from the moment he saw her that he was in love with her. He loved her hair, her eyes, her skin. He loved everything about her. He was just waiting for the right moment to say it. He had felt like such shit when he realized that he had forgot the anniversary. He sulked for days, but then James sat him down and reminded him that we're all human, and we all make mistakes. He warned him to not make the same mistake ever again. He also warned him that if he ever hurt Kylie he would personally hunt him down and end him, because even though you're my best mate, she's my sister. But that wasn't important. What was important was the fact that Sirius just confessed his love to the girl he'd been in love with since the 3rd year.