09

"Just god damn it, James! Stop with all the talk about Lily!" Sirius says impatiently, flinging his arms up. James looks furious. "Why, Padfoot? Are you bitter that after 5 years the girl I've been in love with actually can stand to be in the same room with me? I think I deserve to be a least a little bit happy!" 

"Because some of us will never get the girl we want! Some of us use blonde idiots to get over their heart break and would rather see her with someone else happy then unhappy with him. Some of us have been in love with the same girl since the minute she walked onto the train in first year but HAVEN'T SAID A BLOODY THING ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO BUSY COMPLAINING ABOUT LILY!" Sirius yells, storming away angrily. James is speechless. "Wha....." He mutters, running a hand through his hair. He runs after Sirius with robes billowing out behind behind him. I watch him run away quickly.

The mystery girl keeps becoming even more of a problem. I swear when I meet this girl, I'm gonna slap her across the face for putting so much stress on Sirius. And putting so much stress on our friendship! I mean, she's obviously really lucky to have a wonderful guy like Sirius be in love with her, and she's stupid for not taking it. Sirius is a really great guy. He's sweet, and kind and protective and .....

Shoot. I'm jealous. 

Nah, it couldn't be. Nope nope nopeity nope nope nope. Sirius is my best friend, how could I have a crush on him? How could he have a crush on me? It's impossible.

I groan out loud and slam my head back on the tree trunk. Dammit.

I have a really really really small crush on Sirius since last year. 

Damn. It's not that little. 

But let's put it in this really tiny box in this really tiny room in this really tiny place in my heart. Compressed, never getting out. Okay.

Shaking myself out of those disturbing thoughts, I run inside and down the corridors to the Gryffindor common room. Remus is reading inside. "Upstairs." He says, not looking up from his book. I grin, slightly out of breath. "Oh they're gonna get it." 

I slam the door open, and see James and Sirius sitting on opposite sides of the room. "Okay, you two are officially the most ridiculous drama queens I have ever seen."  They whip their heads around and glare at me. "How do you know why we're made at each other?" They say simultaneously. I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "Because I'm not an idiot. Now make up and hug it out because we've got things we need to do." Sirius scowls. "We're men. We do not 'hug it out.'"James nods. "We are men." I scoff. "Men my ass. Men wouldn't be sitting here ignoring their brother because of a bunch of girls." Sirius pales dramatically. "You heard the fight?" I nod. "You guys aren't very observant." Sirius looks even more stressed, if that was even possible. "You heard everything?" I frowned. "Only when you got closer to the tree. I was up in the branches the whole time." He still looks tense. 

"Just hug it out! We have things to talk about!" I say, exasperated. James rolls his eyes. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." He says grudgingly. Sirius nods. "Sorry." He says shortly. I watch the two of them stare at each other for a minute, before they both get up and hug each other. "Sorry, mate." Sirius mutters. I roll my eyes, clasping my hands together. "Okay! Now that THAT was taken care of...." I prompt, and Sirius sits on the bed next to James. "What?" He asks. I stare at them. "Well? Who's the mystery girl?" James faces his brother. "YES! Who is this girl?" Sirius blushes and avoids my eye contact. James gapes at him. 

"I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT FROM THE BEGINNING!" He shrieks, pointing an accusing finger at Sirius. Sirius swats his finger away. "No, James, no. It's not what you're thinking." I stare at them. "What? What's not what he is thinking?" James opens his mouth and closes it again. "Nothing." He says innocently. I sigh and flop back on the bed. "You have GOT to be kidding me." James grins cheekily. "It's not that hard to see." Sirius is obviously eager to change the subject. "So! Kylie, who do YOU fancy?" I roll over to hide my blush from their view. "No one." James laughs. "Sure. No one." I roll over and glare at him. "If you happened to have forgotten, I discovered my Muggle boyfriend is actually a wizard cheating on me two weeks ago. Forgive me if my heart is a little broken at the moment." They wince. "Yeah, sorry. Forgot about that." I hop off the bed and walk out. "I'll see you guys later."