20

"Happy Birthday!" I squeal, jumping onto Sirius's bed. He groans, blinking slowly before his brain starts to process. "Thanks, baby." He says, his voice still raspy from sleep. I push myself up and press my lips against his. "It's your birthday." He laughs, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. "I'm aware." 

He starts pressing light kisses on my shoulder. "Siriuuuuus." I laugh, turning and kissing his face. "We have classes today." He scoffs softly. "Yeah, but it's my birthday." I take his hands in mine and gently get him out of bed. "I have to shower." I nod, sitting back down on the bed. "I'll wait." He kisses my cheek lightly before walking towards the bathroom. He strips his shirt off on the way, and my mouth drops open.

I've always had a soft spot for Qudditch, but now I really appreciate it. For someone who doesn't play, I really really appreciate it. He turns around and smirks. "Like what you see?" I blush and turn away. He walks back over and kisses me lightly. "Don't be embarrassed, baby." He twirls a strand of my hair around his fingers and I can feel the warmth emitting from his body. "Go shower." I tell him, pushing him away reluctantly. He only laughs and throws me his sweaty t shirt. I squeal and jump out of the way. 

********

I walk down the hallway, hand in hand with Sirius. Every couple people, someone throws him a happy birthday. "How popular." I tease, looking up at him. He scoffs, tightening his grip on my hand. "I'm not popular." This time I scoff and shove his arm lightly. "Okay, you are so popular." He looks down at me. "Are you popular?" I shrug. "I don't think so." He leans in and gives me a kiss. "If you're not popular, I'm not popular." 

"Oh look how cute!" Lily exclaims, coming up between us and pulling our hands apart. I roll my eyes and grab Sirius's hand again. "Hi Lily." She's just bitter because she can't figure out how she feels about James. I know it, but she thinks that I don't. I just wish that she'd see they're perfect together and put James out of his misery. "Hope, Olivia, you, me. Girls night. Tomorrow. You in?" I nod, adjusting the strap on my shoulder. "Which dorm?" "Gryffindor." She replies. "Other girls aren't gonna be there." I nod. "I haven't spoken to Hope and Olivia in so long." She nods, jogging down the hallway. "That's why we're doing it!" 

Sirius kisses the top of my head. "Does that mean you're leaving me?" I laugh and smile at him. "I think I spend more time in the Gryffindor dorms then I do in the Slytherin ones." He grins cheekily. "I like it better this way."

We're walking down the hallway and minding our own business, and I hear whispers behind me. I don't really think anything of it until I feel a small hand pinch my butt and run away. I gasp and whirl around, but the group of guys is already running away. "What happened?" Sirius asks, curiously. I shake my head slowly, not wanting to worry him on his birthday. "Nothing." He squeezes my hand. "Come on, baby girl. You know you can tell me." I sigh, leaning in closer to him. 

"You can't call me baby girl when I already want to tell you." He smiles, pressing a light kiss to my lips. "Now tell me." I sigh, looking up into his eyes. "Promise you won't get mad?" He nods. "Some first year came up to me and squeezed my butt." I feel him tighten under me and he looks furious. "I'm gonna-" I place my finger on his lips. "You're not gonna do anything, because it was just a bunch of immature little boys. You promised not to get mad." He sighs, taking my hands. "I hate it." I nod, sighing. "I hate it too." He shakes his head. "You're not an object. You're a girl, an amazing girl, but you're my girl." A little shiver goes down my spine as he says those words. I kiss his lips lightly.

"It's not a big deal, okay? Let's just enjoy your birthday." He sighs and nods, and I hold his hand until the tension comes out of his shoulders. "Let's go, before we're late for McGonagall." "Mr. black, Miss Evans. Nice of you to join us." McGonagall glares at me over her glasses before resuming to her grading. I slip quietly into my seat next to Lily. "Page 345 in the textbook." She whispers. I nod, flipping my textbook open to the desired page. I sigh, skimming the passage lightly. I start doodling a small flower in the top corner of the page before Lily slaps my hand. "Kylie! Stop it!" Her eyes are wide and I scoff at her worry for the book. "It's mine. I paid for it."