27

After they found the letter, the pieces started falling into place. Regulas told them everything he knew, and they told him everything they did. Which wasn't much. 

Voldemort intended to have Sirius kill Dumbledore.

But Sirius didn't know that. 

****

"So, dear old Voldy, my BFF." Sirius draped himself dramatically on a chair, where Voldemort had called him in for the hundredth time. He'd been there for almost a month and had done nothing but mope about Kylie and eat crackers. 

He was almost disappointed that his friends hadn't come to magically save his ass, or even attempted to contact him. But at the same hand he couldn't blame them. He was, to put it straight, quite possibly the worst friend ever. 

"Do you finally have some murderous task for me to carry out? I'm starting to think you only called me here because you enjoy my company." Voldemort was silent, just staring out the window. "I must say, that feeling is not reciprocated." 

"I do have a task for you, you mindless twit." He spun around and slammed his hands on the table. Sirius jumped at the sudden engagement. 

"Well, what is it?"

"Kill Dumbledore." Sirius gaped at him.

"If YOU can't do it why on earth would you think I can?" Voldemort shrugged and walked out. 

"You kill him, or you get killed in the process. One less blood traitor either way." 

****

"What's the plan?" James looked worried. They had all gathered in Regulas' dungeon spot, except Peter. The boy said the air down there was bad for his pores, whatever the hell that meant. He seemed to be not present a lot more lately. Reg looked stressed. Kylie thought that despite everything they both did, they cared about each other a lot more then they cared to admit. After all, Sirius did agreed to go to Voldemort so Reg didn't have too. 

She could tell Reg seemed to be carrying a lot of weight on his shoulders because of this. 

"I know exactly what he's going to have him do." Kylie was the most awake and alert then she'd been in the past month. The whole friend group seemed to have been shifted without Sirius. Kylie and Sirius were the glue between the boys and the girls, but without Sirius the glue wasn't there. James was constantly lost without his best friend. It was off. They needed him back. 

Reg explained how Voldemort was going to execute things, and the precise moment that they needed to get in to get Sirius. Finally, he looked at Kylie. "I know you're not going to like this, at all, but you can't come." 

Kylie gaped at him. "You're funny." Reg shook his head. 

"We'd be playing right into his hands. You guys don't understand how manipulative he can be. He's planned out every possible outcome that this war can have and in every single one he's made himself win. Killing Dumbledore would make things that much easier for him. If he gets his hands on you, game over. Sirius would do anything if it meant getting you to safety again." Kylie shook her head.

"He wouldn't do that. Put the whole well being of the world over the life of me? That's crazy." Everyone looked at her. 

"You clearly don't know your boyfriend very well." Hope said, shaking her head. "That boy would marry you if it wasn't illegal." 

Kylie stared at her. "We'll come back to THAT. I'm coming. Hands down." Reg sighed. 

"It'll be a miracle if we pull this off." Kylie slipped her wand out from her boot.

"Good thing miracles are real." 

****

Sirius was sitting on his bed, twirling his wand in his hands. Voldemort had given him 24 hours to kill Dumbledore, and who knows what would happen if he didn't get it done in time. He would definitely be dead. Reg, Kylie. 

He was going to have to come up with a plan, and fast. He could care less if he died. That wasn't the priority anymore. Now the priority is Kylie. 

Okay.

He would go to Hogsmeade and sneak in through Honeyduke's. Find a way into the school, but he'd deal with that when he got there. And then, he'd assess the situation. Maybe find Kylie. Just to see her face.

Man, he was whipped. But that didn't matter now because she thought he was a lying and backstabbing bastard. 

Which he was. Just not for the reasons she thought. 

****

Once they made it to Hogsmeade, Reg apparated them one by one to the Manor. He took Kylie first. "Okay. Stay right here. I'll be back with James in two seconds. Okay?" Kylie nodded, taking a look around. He apparated back to Hogsmeade. 

A flash of bright light temporarily blinded Kylie. "Who are you? State your business here. The Dark Lord doesn't like uninvited visitors." She was silent, biting her bottom lip. "Don't bother trying to apparate away because I just put the anti charm on. Not getting out of here now." She was still. Go away, she pleaded to herself. 

"Hush, Lucius. You're just being paranoid." Kylie nearly fainted. Sirius. 

"Where are YOU going?" 

"Not that it's any of your business, but I'm on a mission for the Dark Old Fart himself. I'll see you back in a bit, I know you'll worry." She smiled to herself. The same old sassy Sirius she knew and loved. But what was he doing?

"You do know what he intends to do?" She saw Sirius stop. 

"I know I'm dead either way, correct?" Lucius laughed evilly, tracing his wand with his fingertips. "Of course, that's a given. But first, to punish you for everything you've done, all the hassle you've caused The Dark Lord, he intends to kill that Karlie girl. The one you're you know, hopelessly in love with and all. Right. In. Front. Of. Your. Face." With each word, he stepped closer to Sirius. Kylie's eyes widened. Dead? 

"He wouldn't dare." His voice was shaking. 

"You think you can stop him?"

"I'd rather die. I'll kill him with my bare hands before he touches Kylie." Kylie smiles to herself. He does still love her. 

"Go. Before you miss your hourly appointment for sucking up to the old bat." Lucius left with a bang, and Kylie took a deep breath before stepping out from the shadows.