28

"Kylie?" He whispered. The things in his hands had slipped out and clattered on the ground. She took a hesitant step forward. "Is this real?" He whispered again, squinting at her.

"I'm here, Sirius. I'm going to get you out of this hell hole, okay." She said firmly, walking forward and grabbing his hands. 

He took in one breath and smelt her familiar perfume. Felt her hands in his own. Looked into her eyes for the first time in a long, long, month. Sirius collapsed into her arms, hugging her tightly than he had ever down before. He hadn't realized just how much he depended on her until these past few weeks.

She was his rock. She helped him get through the days. She made the bad days better and the good days even better. But the best part is, she needed him just as much as he needed her. 

She smelt his cologne and it smelt like home. His hands felt like home. His eyes felt like home. They just needed each other, more than either of them knew yet. 

She pulled back from the hug and took his face in her hands. "Oh, honey." He laughed quietly, tracing her cheekbone with his thumb.

"I missed you, so much." She nodded, tearing.

"I missed you too." She kissed him lightly, and he was surprised how much he forgot about her. How she could make him feel. 

"Where are the others? Are they okay?" He asked, not letting go of her. He wasn't sure he would ever let go of her ever again. She nodded. 

"Oh god, they're probably worried sick right now. Reg was going to bring everyone and we were going to break you out, but then Lucius trapped us in." He laughed. 

"You guys were really going to do that for me?" She smiled.

"Of course." 

"Look at the happy couple, all reunion and shit." Voldemort was standing on the steps of the porch. He didn't look very happy. Sirius immediately turned to face him and slipped Kylie behind his back. 

"Voldy! I'm honored that you came out here yourself. Usually you send one of your assistants to hurt me." Kylie frowned. He was hurt? 

"You did specifically what I told you not to do. You brought a girl here, a MUDBLOOD nonetheless." Sirius tensed and his hand drifted to his wand. Kylie grabbed his hand with hers and slowly guided it back. No use into starting the fight earlier then it had to be fought. 

"You didn't fulfill your task. And for that, you must be killed." Kylie squeezed his hand. 

"Sorry, I don't think I can fit being murdered into my schedule today. You see, I have sleeping till 4 and then I'm making out with Ky till 5:30, and then there's my mental breakdown at 6...OH! And I have my ice cream binge at 8. So, really, I'm booked. Rain check?" Kylie snorted behind him. Voldemort was practically glowing with rage. 

"You think this is funny, little girl?" He took his wand and flicked it. An invisible knife cut Kylie right about the eyebrow. She stumbled back a little bit. 

"Kylie!" Sirius said, taking her in his arms. "Are you alright?" She cleared her throat, holding her finger on the cut. 

"Not really but, you know, there's an evil dark wizard over there who wants to kill us, so you might want to turn your attention to him." Sirius laughed quietly. "Always sarcastic, aren't you?" 

"You are just begging to be killed, aren't you?" Voldemort sneered. 

"You, and your ridiculous ideals. You grew up in a rich house with actual parents. You had friends, you had a family! You knew what it was like to be loved. You had parents to teach you the right way to live. You go to school, you come home on the breaks to a family. And then you just had to go and ruin it all. Do you know how many kids would KILL to be in your position? A loving family. A roof over your head. Not having to worry about where your next meal would come from. Not having to work a day in your life. A girlfriend who loves you. And you just throw it all away." Sirius was practically shaking with anger.

"You call my life ideal? IDEAL? I lived in an absolute hell hole. My parents HATED each other, they hated us. They hardly stood for parents. We weren't allowed to have friends who didn't pass the fucking background check! You MURDER people for FUN, just because their parents chose to LOVE. I had to duck knifes on a daily basis. I learned how to cover up bruises along with French. I raised myself while learning how to avoid my father's drunkly rampages. And my mother, as soon as we left her stomach she couldn't care less about us. Don't you dare compare my life to ideal, you bastard, because it was anything but. The only good thing that's happened to me was running away from that house." 

And with that, Sirius removed the charm, and apparated out. We landed out by the courthouse. Sirius was breathing heavily. "Sirius?" I rested my hand on his shoulder. He flinched at the contact. "Are you okay?" He turned around to look at me. 

"I am now." 

****

Dumbledore was informed of everything, and the matter was then handed over to the Ministry. They were a bit weary of Sirius at first, but only until he showed them the scars did they fully believe him. 

Everyone was very happy to have Sirius back. 

It was just the present threat of death hanging over everyone's shoulders that put a damper on things. 

But for now, we didn't have to worry about that. We were young. And in love. Like Reg said, the only way this war could go downhill was if Dumbledore was murdered, and now he knows about that plan. 

What could go wrong?