12

"Okay, this might be the alcohol talking because of the shots of giggle water you told me to drink and I'm 100% going to regret this in the morning but I know I'll regret it even more if I don't seize the moment. So I'm just going to say it." He nods, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"I like you. A lot. And I know you're in love with that other girl so you don't have to say anything else or feel bad. It's just you're so damn cute and your laugh is so nice and your hugs are so comfy and I just wanna push you up against the wall and snog you senseless ALL THE TIME." I take in a deep breath. 

"Now let's go get more drunk so I don't remember this in the morning." He stand there, looking dumbstruck. I bite my lip. "Please say something." He doesn't say anything. My face falls. "Right. Okay, I'll just be going then." My voice cracks. I turn around, walking towards the corner again. The tears blur my vision and I wipe them away angrily. Someone grabs my arm and I turn around. It's Sirius. "It's you." He wipes my tears away. "It's you. That girl I've been telling you about is you." My breath catches.

This can't be happening.

I press my back up against the wall. My mind is whirring at ten thousand miles an hour. "Can I kiss you now?" He says breathlessly. I can only nod. I think my body might combust with happiness. He hesitantly presses his lips to mine.

Sparks flew in every direction and the world was slowly disappearing around us, all our problems, troubles, worries. He made me feel like none of that mattered. Our lips were moving in perfect sync, his hands feeling my waist. I pulled him closer, his fingertips digging into my skin. A smile grew on my lips as we pulled away. He grins. 

We both let out a laugh. I run my fingers through my hair. "That was..." I trail off, shaking my head. "Fantastic." He finishes, twirling a piece of my hair on his fingers. We both awkwardly stand there for a minute, smiling like idiots. "What happens now?" I ask shyly. He shrugs. "Whatever you want to happen." "Well," I say quietly. "If it's alright with you..." I trail off, biting my lip. 

"Maybe we could try Hogsmeade?" He nods. "That is more then alright with me." I smile. "Good." I press my lips against his lightly and pull back. He sighs, draping an arm around my shoulder. "I could get used to this." I lean into his arms. "Me too."

"Hey! Hey you guys!" James comes over to us, staggering in his steps. I carefully take the fire whiskey glass out of his hands. "I think you're done for tonight." He pouts. "I was over there, and I saw you guys! You were like, super close together!" I nod. 

"Yes, James. Now, why don't you sit down right here, and drink this water, and try not to get in any trouble." He nods, collapsing onto the couch. I sigh, walking back to Sirius. He has a smile on his face. "You always make sure we're okay, don't you?" I grin, shrugging my shoulders. "Can't have y'all dying on me now, can I?" 

I watch as the hand on the clock moves from 11:59 to 12:00. Sirius grins at me, squeezing my hand. "Happy birthday."

*********

Sirius POV

I'm the first one awake in the morning. Somehow Kylie & I fell asleep on the couch together, and James & Lily are in a similar position on the opposite couch. I look down and make sure that I didn't wake her. She's just so pretty. Her hair is so soft and shiny, and her eyes are gorgeous. They always reveal her emotions. Sparkling with happiness, glinting with mischief. They almost seem like they're on fire when she's angry. She's just perfect.

Kylie POV

I crack my eyes open, cringing at the harsh sunlight shining in through the windows. I feel someone brushing my hair out of my face. I turn around, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Sirius smiles at me. "Good morning." I close my eyes, burrowing my face in his chest. "Nope. It's too early." He looks at me. "It's your birthday, Ky."