11

*Kylie's dress is loosely based on Lili Reinhart's dress at the 2016 Women in Film Max Mara Face of the Future :)*

"Come to the library with me." I'm sitting on the Slytherin common room couch alone (the night before my birthday. ALONE! How sad is that) , reading a book, when Lily knocks on the portrait hole. "No." I refuse, going to sit back on the couch. She climbs in, looking around. "It's cool in here." She comments, twirling around in a little circle. "Now, you're coming to the library with me." I shake my head, turning my page. She grabs the book out of my clutches, snapping it closed.  I turn and glare at her. "Give me my book back." "Nope." She says, popping the p. 

"How come you can't just get Olivia or Hope to come with you?" She sighs, plopping herself down on the couch. "Hope is with Remus-" I gasp, propping myself up onto one arm. "When did THAT development happen?" Lily shrugs. "Just happy for them, you know? They've practically been pining for each other silently since what, first year?" I nod. "Stop changing the subject! Where's Olivia?" Lily waggles her eyebrows. "With Tyler." She says. I roll my eyes. "I swear, all my friends do is hang out with boys." 

"Come on, we're going to the library." She drags me upstairs to change out of my sweats. I refuse to give up my sweatpants but change into a slightly more presentable Slytherin shirt. We walk down the corridor in silence, even though I can tell Lily has a secret. She's practically bouncing off the walls with excitement. "Oh no! I forgot my Transfiguration book!" She says, faking sincerity. I burst out laughing. "You're such a bad liar." She gasps. "No I seriously did." I sigh, starting to walk farther down the corridor. "You go get it, I'll meet you in the library." "NO!" She yells, running in front of me. She smiles sweetly. "I mean, I would really appreciate it if you went with me." I narrow my eyes at her. "Lily, what's going on?" She smiles sweetly. "Nothing." I let her drag me along, occasionally trying to ask me a question. She cuts me off with a no every time. 

"Hey Lil-" "No." 

"What's-" "No."

"Do you-" "No."

I see her purposely drop a book from her bag. Iconically, it's her transfiguration one. "OH NO, I SEEM TO HAVE DROPPED MY BOOK. KYLIE, WHY DON'T YOU HEAD ON IN WITHOUT ME. I'LL CATCH UP WITH YOU IN A MINUTE." She says loudly. I roll my eyes.

Sirius POV

"I'L CATCH UP WITH YOU IN A MINUTE." I hear Lily say loudly. My heart skips a beat. Lily's not a very good liar. Why we picked her for this, I don't know. "Okay that's the que! Everyone down!" The chatter slowly dies down and someone shuts the lights off. The door creaks open, and everything seems to happen in slow motion.

Kylie POV

"SUPRISE!"

My eyes are blinded my fireworks and sparklers. I gape at the crowd, covering my mouth with my hand. Everyone starts laughing, and I see all my friends in the crowd. Olivia, Remus, Hope, Cissy, Tyler, James. I spin around to see Lily with a guilty smile on her face. "You did this?" I ask, still in disbelief and shock. She scoffs. "Of course not. I could never pull this off. It was all him." She motions to the crowd behind me and I see it part slowly.

Sirius walks up from the back, an innocent smile playing on his face. I walk over to him and give him a tight hug. "Thank you." I whisper in his ear. He laughs, and I can feel the vibrations on his back. "Happy birthday." He whispers, letting me go. James whoops from the front of the crowd, waving his wand. "Let's get this party started!" He hollers. The music starts and everyone begins to dance. I suddenly am aware that I have sweatpants on and everyone else is wearing party clothes. Sirius grabs my hand, leading me to the corner.

"I thought of that." He holds out a gift bag. I grin, giving him another hug. "You're really the best, Pads." He smirks. "It's what I do." I run upstairs and into the Maruader dorm room to change. "BY THE WAY, LILY HELPED PICK OUT THE DRESS SO IF YOU THINK ITS LIKE, SLUTTY, I'M NOT A PERV." He yells. I face palm. "Okay, Sirius, thanks for letting me know."