Ross Imagine For Denise

I bumped into a wall when I walked into school today causing me to fall. Or so I thought it was a wall. It was Ross, my best friend. "Oh, sorry. I didn't see you there." He said, grabbing my hand. He pulled me up and we stared at each other's eyes for awhile. "I gotta go." I said, running away. Last week, I realized that I had feelings for him, Ever since then, I had ignored him in hopes of those feelings going away. Instead, they got stronger and stronger.  I saw my best friend Claire and I ran up to her. I told her what happened and she said, "Go talk to him. I know he likes you." She said. I rolled my eyes at her comment and went to my locker. What if she's right? I thought. i shook off the thought as my first class began.

After school, I ran into my room and saw Ross sitting on my bed. "What are you doing in here?" I asked making him jump. "I just want to know why you keep avoiding me." Ross said. He eyes showed hurt and his voice showed sadness. I instantly felt regret. Regret for avoiding him. Regret for not confronting him. "I can't tell you." I whispered, looking at the floor. "Why not?" Ross asked. You could hear his sadness in his voice for miles. That's how bad it was. "I feel like you don't want to be my friend anymore." He said. A tear rolled down my face as those 11 words repeated in my mind. 

 "I feel like you don't want to be my friend anymore."

"I'm sorry but, I can't tell you." I said. Ross stood up. "Why not?" He asked. "I just can't!" I said. "you don't trust me." Ross said. He had even more sadness in his voice this time. Before I had a chance to respond, he stormed out of my room. I ran after him. It was raining but I didn't care. He leaned against the tree house's tree and cried. "Wait!" I said. He stood up as soon as he heard my voice. I stood a few feet away from him. 

I should just man up and kiss him. 

I ran up to him and kissed him passionately. He was shocked at first but kissed back. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me towards him so there was no space between us. I used one hand to caress his cheek and the other to play with his hair. We pulled back to breathe a few minutes later. "I didn't want to tell you that I liked you. But when I saw that I might lose you as a friend, I just manned up and kissed you." I said, making us laugh. "I'm sorry for acting like that." Ross said. "No, I'm sorry for not telling you." I said. I kissed him again. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I grinned as I replied, "Yes." Ever since then, we've had a healthy relationship of 1 year and a half.