Chapter twenty-three

"You don't know what you're talking about!"

"Yes I do! Swedish berries are the obvious better choice," Jordan argues.

"Sour patch kids have a perfect balance between sour and sweet which makes it practically two candies in one," I disagree.

"They're just too sour. Swedish berries are better," he smirks.

Appalled at his choice, I grab a handful of sour patch kids out of the bag that had started this whole argument and shove them into Jordan's smirking mouth. He splutters, choking on the large amount of candy, before chewing slowly with a disgusted face.

"That was mean," he pouts.

I simply smirk, popping an orange candy in my mouth.

"So can everyone still come to dinner tonight?" Julia butts in.

Everyone quickly nods their head and Julia grins broadly. "Great! You can't dress too casually since it's a nice place."

"Why are you looking at me?" I frown.

"Because you hate dressing up."

"I can dress nice when I want to," I huff.

"Good but I'm calling Luke before you leave the house to make sure you're dressed appropriately."

I scowl, but before I can open my mouth to defend myself the bell rings. As Julia, Jordan, and I walk into the chemistry classroom I move to the back and take a seat next to Reece. My gaze flits over to Scott across the room and I notice him glaring at us, but he swiftly turns around when I send him a death glare. I think of how he hasn't bothered me or Reece ever since I let him have it in the cafeteria a few weeks ago and I'm glad that he's stopped. Although he still glares at us any chance he gets.

I turn my head to talk to Reece, but I'm rendered speechless when I see Rebecca leaning over his desk running her fingers up and down his bicep flirtatiously. Why is she flirting with him now? Hasn't she always been afraid of him? I'm not going to let it bother me.

Reece looks extremely uncomfortable with her standing over him and has a scowl etched on his face, one that Rebecca either doesn't notice or chooses to ignore.

"Do you want to come to my place after school today, Reece?" she asks trying to sound seductive.

I snort out a laugh. Their heads snap over to me and she glares as if I'm the devil trying to kill her while Reece sends me a look as if saying 'it's not funny'.

"Beat it, Barbie," I chuckle.

She laughs, "my Reece wants me here, don't you baby?"

He's her Reece now? She calls him baby?

I raise an eyebrow silently asking what the hell she's talking about and he rolls his eyes. "I actually don't want you here and I'm not yours either."

"Oh and the only way I would ever go to your house after school is when I want an STD," he continues with a smirk.

I laugh loudly while Rebecca turns a startlingly bright shade of red. She scoffs, tossing her hair to the side and strutting away with a sway of her hips.

"Nice way of getting rid of her," I laugh.

He smiles, "I've had practice since its obvious girls can't resist me."

I watch as Reece's eyes zero in on the grape juice box I pull out of my bag. As soon as I push the straw through the top, it's suddenly pulled out of my hand. I look up, startled to see him take a large sip from the straw.