Chapter thirty

My head pounds when I wake up. It feels like someone took a sledgehammer and hit me over the head with it. Repeatedly. My vision blurs out of focus and I blink trying to see clearly. The room is dark and cold, I can't see much. My mouth is so dry like I've been chewing cotton.

    I try to think how I got here but it just makes my head ache even more. My wrists are tied to a chair, along with my ankles. My pulse picks up speed as I think about all the possibilities of where I am and what's going on. I grunt in pain as the rope around my wrists chafes my skin. There's no way I can get out of this on my own.

    The last thing I remember is being at the fight with Reece and Seb. What happened after? My memory is foggy, I can't remember anything after that.

    I don't know how long I sit there, my headache getting worse and worse as time passes. A door behind me slams open and I jump in fright. Oh god, I'm not alone anymore. Panic has my heart beating out of control, my breathing picking up until I'm practically hyperventilating in terror. I stay as still as possible, closing my eyes to feign unconsciousness.

    Heavy boots on concrete make their way over to me at a leisurely pace. "I know you're awake."

    My eyes snap open at that voice and I gasp. How can it be him? I trusted him! How could he do this to me?

    "Zach?"

    "I've missed you, sweet girl," he sighs. "I've been waiting so long for this moment."

Bile tries to make its way up my throat, but I force it down. "Why are you doing this? What's going on?"

Zach brushes a lock of hair out of my face and I flinch. "I'm doing this so we can finally be together, Quinn. I've wanted you for so long, I couldn't live with it after you left me."

"What are you talking about?" I cry, sounding hysterical even to my own ears.

"You moved away, you left me," he growls. "I had to get you back so we can finally be together. I just need you to see that we're perfect for each other."

"Zach," I shake my head. "We're not perfect for each other."

His face turns red with rage. "Don't say that!"

"How do you expect to get away with this?"

He grins evilly, "don't you worry, my sweet girl. I have it all figured out. I put the entire plan together, framing Jayden and taking you for myself far away from here."

"You're sick!"

He backhands me, "I'm in love with you."

My cheek stings as tears drip from my eyes. How can this be happening? How can Zach do this? He was my best friend. He helped me through everything with my mom and with Jayden and now he's my psycho stalker?

"Zach," I sob. "Please let me go, it isn't too late to let me go."

He looks confused. "Let you go? Why would I do that when I just got you back?"

"Please, you don't have to do this."

Zach leans closer to me, grasping my chin between in fingers, harshly pressing his lips against mine. I whimper, wanting to pull away but can't with his grip on my face.

"I can't let you go," he whispers. "I love you."

My bottom lip trembles as more tears fall. He turns to walk away and I panic. "Wait! Where are we?"

He looks over his shoulder. "It doesn't matter. We won't be here for much longer."

My eyes widen. I can't let him take me somewhere else. If he does, I fear I'll never be able to escape.