CHAPTER IV

– S C O R P I O N –

We flew through the sectors in a luxury fusion craft. The vehicle would fit right into the upper class region of Sector 10. My personal guard were still equipping their weapons inside the craft's dark interior as we sped between the shimmering buildings.

"Remember, I want to see the biopsy of those bodies first hand. Do whatever is necessary to make that happen."

The most lethal killers in the city all nodded their heads silently. Dressed in the trade mark colours of Division 52; black and red. They were close fitted cloaks and suits that would also help us slip seamlessly into the wealthier part of the city.

As soon as the craft landed we strode towards the Silver Sun station that held the damning evidence. They would all pay for this if it was truth... The Silver Sun have just started a war if my men died under their filthy hands.

These wealthy crowds did not part for us like The Underworld citizens did. After all, they believed that The Silver Sun ran their city. Patrols of the armoured black and silver suited guards marched much more frequently here.

I would rather keep unnoticed in these areas anyway.

I glared at anyone whose curious gaze lingered too long or did not shift from my path. They would flinch away from the burning gold eyes under the hood. But before I could finish staring off a white haired aristocrat a body collided into me.

I was so surprised I actually took a step back.

The last time someone had shown me such disrespect they had received a plasma shot through the chest. When I righted myself to find the person responsible, I was again taken aback. My guards shifted around the girl in an aggressive formation.

She was as good as dead at my say so. But I had never seen someone look so... innocent. It was as if her very presence was light against my dark. Her platinum blonde hair shimmered like the glass towers in Sector 1 and her full lips were the colour of newly bloomed rose petals. But no... those wide eyes... they were such a crystalline blue they were almost--

I didn't finish my analysis as a group of twenty imperial guards rounded the street corner ahead and shouted in our direction. In all my time I had never seen so many of the highly trained guards outside of the emperor's tower.

Who on earth was this girl?

She whipped her head back to them frantically before trying to run past me. But I snapped my fingers and my guards had her in their grasp with ease. She whirled her pale face back towards me and those desperate, clear eyes found mine again.

"Please." She whispered.

I watched her silently under my hood, trying to decipher her motives. I knew everyone of importance in this city, and yet I have never come across her. She struggled in the grasp of my mammoth guards but they wouldn't move an inch without my say so.

"She's over here!" An imperial guard shouted from behind the crowds as he sprinted towards our group.

I smirked at the approaching troop with their serious expressions and flawless uniforms. The girl looked truly desperate now as that long blonde hair shifted and her piercing blue eyes darted around. She had seconds until they found her.

In that moment I decided that I favoured her over them...

I snapped my fingers and my guards instantly let her go. If she was fast, she could still melt into the crowds easily and escape. Her eyes widened at me briefly and she shook her head as if she couldn't quiet believe my actions.

"Go." I snapped. "Before I change my mind."

She bolted away without another word and slipped into a side street out of view.

God speed. I thought with another smirk.

When the guards arrived at our feet they glared at the space where the girl was no longer present. Half of them darted past us and continued their search in the wrong direction and the other half remained to "intimidate" us.

"Where is she?" The clear commander almost spat in my face.

My guards shifted in response and lay hands on concealed weapons. But I simply smiled at him in a sickly sweet way that promised anything but sweetness.

"Speak to me like that again and it will be the last time your tongue is used." I murmured calmly.

"You dare threaten me?!" He growled. A vein started to protrude on his bald head. If we weren't outside my territory the man would already be dead. Imperial swine or not.

"I will give you one more chance to consider your choice of words." As I said this I readjusted my cloak and allowed him to see the crest of The Scorpion woven into my attire.

His face paled immediately and he retreated a few steps.

"I—uh—there's nothing further I'd like to question you with." He snapped his hand out and the guards all melted away from us and back in pursuit of the girl.

But if I was honest, I had just been buying her more time. I could of flashed the moron my symbol from the start, but... I didn't want them to catch her. For reasons not fully known to me I signalled one of my guards to come forward.

"Follow her." I murmured before continuing with the rest for our original purpose.