Chapter three

(Note; Image above is of Sakura/Faye's steel staff/rod)

"Sakura isn't it time for you to get going?" Sakura's mother calls out.

I finished reading the scroll on how to wield a bo staff, I had always been fascinated with bo staffs and staffs in general in my previous world. I never got around to learning how to fight with them because I was always so busy. I let out a sigh and smiled to myself while closing the scroll and sealing it away into my desk.

"Memorised," I murmur softly to myself. That was yet another piece of information to slot into my mental library. Now onto the next scene in my act. 

"I know I'm on my way out now" I yell out snottily making sure to add in the perfect amount of frustration and exasperation. I finish brushing out my hair and tie my forehead protector across Sakura's large forehead. In my opinion, Sakura isn't actually that ugly, it was just her personality at the start as a fangirl that annoyed me.  

I begin to walk calmly down the busy street, changing my expression to match what Sakura's one was at this point in the anime. At the moment instead of grumbling about how I wasn't a little academy student anymore and giving myself a mini pep talk, I was going over the correct stances for wielding a bo staff inside my mind.  Absentmindedly I place a determined expression onto my face and my eyes shine a little then I lift my fist up to my chest just like how Sakura did it in the anime, thank god for my photographic memory. 

A distant "See you later" reaches my ears and I focus entirely on my act. Its Ino's first real appearance in the anime.

Ino walks confidently out of her house just as I am about to pass by. We both stop, she scoffs then we stare intently at each other, the atmosphere changes dramatically.  

"good morning Sakura" she said while smirking, I detected a slightly mocking tone in her voice which would not bother me but I know that Sakura wouldn't be happy about it so I schooled my expression to match her confident smirk.  

"Good morning Ino" I grind out the mocking tone that was present in Ino's greeting was now present in mine as well. 

I walk up to where she is waiting with purpose in my strides. We start to walk faster side by side smirks still plastered onto our faces. Wow, I thought myself, how immature they are. Of course, I was acting out Sakura's part but if I had my way I would have acted maturely by smiling kindly at her then when I passed her I would have stomped on her foot crushing her toes beneath my shoe-clad feet.  

Anyway, enough of that. 

"So they actually let you graduate? what a surprise" Ino commented. She was obviously trying to goad a response out of me. Sakura's lines flowed from my mouth as if they were my own. 

"Those classes are ancient history," I say closing my eyes cockily.

"We're both ninjas now and we're both equal" snobby confidence practically oozed from my pores. I then turn my head an angry scowl on my face and say; 

"I won't lose to you anymore" after finishing that sentence I walk forward quickly overtaking her. Here it goes I think to myself. Why on earth did sakura have to be such a bitch? Why couldn't they just make up? Who gives a fuck about boys! 

Ino then growls frustration sweeping across her face in a large wave and overtakes me, we quickly get into a competition about who could get to the classroom the fastest. My acting skills never fail to amaze me. I can just imagine the background music that I love so much from this anime. Dust is swept up in great clouds around our feet and we jostle each other both trying to gain the lead. 

When we arrive in the hallway our faces and bodies were squashed together, we were both glaring daggers at each other although if I were to actually glare at her without the Sakura act on she would have fainted in terror. Sounds of exertion (fake sounds on my part) left our mouths as we raced to be the first into the classroom. Her eyes widened in slight surprise as she felt how strong my muscles were but she quickly brushed it off and went back to glaring at me.