Chapter seven

(Note; The image above is of Sakura Haruno/Faye Williams)

*************************Timeskip*****************************

"Sasuke, I'm at point B" Sasuke says into the radio 

"Sakura, I'm at point C" I say grinning secretly to myself. 

"Naruto, I'm at point A, believe it!" Naruto yells after a good while of silence. 

"Your slow Naruto" Kakashi says in an exasperated tone 

"Ok squad 7," he says again, "the target has moved!"

"Over there" Naruto whispers as we peek out from behind trees our sights fixed on a slightly rustling bush. Internally I laugh to myself, this mission is ridiculous but the next one we have will be dangerous and hard, I will probably have to reveal some of my secrets in the second fight against Zabuza and Haku, not the first one though I can let that one pan out how it did in the anime (before my soul was reincarnated into Sakura's body with my mind intact). 

I shake myself out of my thoughts as we, one at a time, sprint to nearby trees as to get closer to the bush at a high speed but to me, the speed was nothing because I had been training the previous day after we had the survival exercise. 

I could now move even faster and my control over the wind element was nearly perfect, my control over the fire element is also great. In order of best controlled to worst it goes; wind, fire, earth, then water. I recently found a new technique that comes with being able to control the element earth, if I close my eyes I can feel the vibrations through my feet or hands or any part of me that is connecting with the earth or anything that is touching something that is touching the ground. Using that skill I can feel animals or people near us through those vibrations, I can also feel the slight movements of people and objects around me and can calculate what their next move or action will be. It is a little like pumping chakra outwards to sense what is around you but on a way higher level, it is also unnoticeable and does not use chakra so I can do it non-stop for as long as I want without getting tired. That goes for the wind and fire elements as well but with the water element, I can only use It for a short period of time before I get tired. So, for example, yesterday I practiced moving water around slowly and seeing how long I could hold my control over it, it lasted for 20 minutes before I had to drop it. 

I also figured out how to use the wind element with my steel staff, I did it a little similar to how Aang does it when he swoops his staff around and shoots out a strong gust of air at the same time.   

Anyway back to the present, 

"Distance from the target" Kakashi says into the radio.

"Five meters, I'm ready just give the signal" Naruto replied, eyes squinting showing a concentrated expression.

"I'm ready to" Sasuke says, an arrogant streak twining around his usual emotionless tone.

"So am I" I say, reciting Sakura's lines. 

I close my eyes and allow the vibrations from the tree I'm touching to flow through me. I feel Tora the cat moving slightly, tensing up, she's a little suspicious. 

"Okay...." Kakashi says. 1, 2, 3 seconds pass then he yells 

"Now!"

We all jump out from our hiding places and pounce at top speed (not my top speed) at the cautious cat who had just jumped out of the bush. Naruto yelled out a battle cry then trapped Tora in a tight uncomfortable grip.  

"I got 'em! I got 'em!" Naruto shouts while struggling to keep his hold of the frantic Tora who was screeching and yowling out for help. I stare at her in pity.