Chapter ten

(Note; this is what Sakura/Faye looks like when she controls water)

*************************Timeskip*****************************

Naruto and Sasuke were wolfing down their dinner so quickly that I wasn't surprised they would soon puke. We were all present at the table. Sasuke and Naruto were both trying to eat more than the other. I watched silently as they yelled out 'I want some more' froze then bent down and puked on the floor beside the table. 

"DONT EAT SO MUCH IF YOUR GONNA PUKE IT UP!!" I roared 

"I, have to eat" pushed out Sasuke still looking a little green in the face.

"And I have to eat more than him it's the only possible way I'll get strong enough to beat him" Naruto said 

He was half grinning half grimacing. Internally I was laughing at their antics but externally I was glaring vehemently at them.

I felt my muscles tense slightly and a nasty prickly feeling crawling up the back of my throat but I knew that I had to ask or else Tazuna would never tell us about Inari. Although, Inari already told me and I knew from the start because of my memory I remembered every last thing from the anime, including Inari's backstory. 

After we had finished eating the delicious meal that Tsunami had prepared for us I stood under the ripped picture of Inari and his family on the wall. I glanced back at Inari a little worried but he nodded his head slightly at me so I knew it was ok to proceed with the acting. 

"Excuse me, this picture is torn is there some reason for that? Inari you kept glancing at it all dinner. It looks like there was someone else in the picture but they got torn out I mean, that's kinda strange isn't it?" I said placing an oblivious look on my face and an innocent look in my emerald eyes. 

As I expected Tsunami and her father froze up and Inari bent his head to shadow his eyes. I had told him to pretend that it wasn't me saying this and that it was Naruto or someone else so that it would be easier for him to show his grief and anger. 

"It's my husband" Said Tsunami her voice filled to the brim with sadness.

I watched Tazuna out of the corner of my eye waiting for his next words that would start of the chain reaction. 

"We used to call him a hero in this land" His gravelly old voice shook slightly with regret 

Inari silently stood up pushed back his chair then rushed from the room face still hidden by shadows. It made me a sad but it had to be done. 

"Inari? where are you going!?" said Tsunami worriedly. 

Her brows furrowed and a thin glaze over her eyes that showed she had been holding back unshed tears. She strode to the door Inari had just slammed and turned, a furious look on her face to look at Tazuna.

"Father! you can't talk about him like that in front of Inari! you know that! Ugh!" she yelled then stormed out to chase down little Inari and comfort him. 

The room was silent as we all stared at the closed door. 

"Inari so...I mean what happened to him?" I asked surprise clear in my eyes

Kakashi, Sasuke, Naruto and I all turned to look at the stressed Tazuna who was frowning down at his cup. 

"Hmmm...is there a story behind this?" said Kakashi thoughtfully 

"He wasn't his real father, he came into our family later-" Tazuna started to explain Inari and his father's story while I pretended to listen, my emotions on my face changing whenever the story changed slightly.