Chapter 4

The next day, Ashton woke me up at 6:30 am just as he was about to leave, to tell me that he was going to leave the TV on as well as direct me to where his secret stash of food was located. The minute he left, I passed out and slept for another few hours. I woke up around noon just in time for an all day marathon of "What Not To Wear" to begin. 

Two episodes in, the woman who helps out around Ashton's house clambered up the stairs and into his room. From my spot on the bed, a chip about to enter my mouth, I froze. I tossed the chip back into the bag and hid it under the bed where Ashton had showed me. She was whislting when she entered, it was a familiar song, just a few notes. She bent down and grabbed a few dirty shirts and tossed them into the white laundry basket she had set down next to the door. Next she moved onto his desk, shuffling papers into neat piles. After she finished placing them neatly on the corner of the desk, she turned around. 

How hasn't she seen me, I thought to myself. And then I laughed, like full out, head back, knee slapping laughed. But she still hadn't made the bed, so I had to move. I scurried off of it, moving to the corner as she reached for the corner of the blanket. She straightened out the covers and tucked them under the mattress, then she took the pillows and fluffed them up. After finishing with the bed, she sighed annoyingly, and walked over to the TV to turn it off. Once content with the room's condition, she straightened up her clothes and walked out victoriously with the basket on her hip. I smirked and walked back to turn the television back on and snuggled back under the covers.

Two hours of terrible outfit choices and wonderous fashion miracles, she returned to the room. Walking in to see what she had previously set up to be perfect, completely undone must've given her quite a fright so she screamed quite loud. She rushed into Ashton's joined bathroom, "Ashton darling! Are you here?" She said, "I won't tell your mother or your father, please just let me know if you're here." When she returned from the bathroom with no reply, her face looked pale. She quickly collected herself, flicked off the TV, and left the room by slamming the door. 

I groaned and swung my legs off the bed, walked over to the TV and turned it back on, determined not to miss the big reveal. It was definitely worth the five second sprint across the room.

The occurence with the TV ended up happening two more times before she got completely freaked out and didn't even bother returning to that section of the house. 

Ashton got home at 3:35pm, I know because I was lying on my side, watching the clock when I heard the door swing open, footsteps on the stairs, and the bedroom door flying open.

"Ohhhh Emmaaaaa," Ashton sang, "I brought you something," he pulled out a Dunkin Donuts bag from behind his back and tossed it into my lap.

"You didn't have to," I said, opening it, discovering a chocolate glazed doughnut inside.

"I thought it'd make up for my lack of presence and your lack of entertainment." 

I smiled and started to eat my treat, "Thank you."

He nodded and walked over to his closet, grabbing a t-shirt off a hanger. "So what did you do all day?"

I laughed. 

"What's so funny," he asked, pulling his shirt over his head.

I tried to look away, but a guy volunatarily stripping in front of you is hard to look away from, even if you are ghost. Instead of completely averting my eyes, I tried not to stare, but even that was a struggle. His back muscles looked amazing as he pulled his new shirt on and he turned around as he tugged it down over his jeans. I was just able to see a peek of his stomach which looked toned, not too muscley, absolutely perfect.