Chapter 15

"So the boys are coming over tonight, right?" I asked Ashton, a week later, as we sat, well he sat, I was laying back on his front porch, enjoying the break of nice weather that was upon us. 

"Yeah, another jam sesh." He nodded.

"Good, I can't wait to see you play again," I smiled, "It was amazing."

"You really think so?" He asked, his eyes wide.

"Of course," I said, turning over on my back to face him. I sat up, "Why would I lie?"

He shook his head and looked down at his hands, playing with one of the numerous bracelets around his wrist. I searched for his eyes, bending down to make eye contact. He turned his head away, "It's stupid, forget about it."

I placed my hand over his hand that was playing with a bracelet, one he had gotten from Luke when they had started the band. He looked up at me and gave a half smile. "Ash," I stated.

"Em."

"Tell me."

He turned his head and fell back onto the porch. He rolled up in a ball and turned away from me. "No it's stupid," he mumbled. I sighed and shook my head before I crawled over to the other side of his body. I grabbed his hands in mine and tried to pry them from his eyes.

"Ashton," I whined as his hands finally came away from his face.

"Emmaaaaaaaaa, it's really stupid and you'll probably hate me."

"I could never hate you," I whispered, looking into his eyes. I then lowered myself down and rested my head in my hands. 

"Ugh, fine, I," he shook his head, "I just wanted to make sure you really meant it and wasn't just saying that because I'm...." His voice trailed off, I felt my heart drop.

"No, Ashton, how could you-"

"See, I told you it was stupid."

I licked my lips and looked at him again, his eyes had seemed to carry on a new sad look and his face looked tired. Small little hairs had begun to grow back across his mostly bald head and hints of scruff decorated his face. He looked thin and worn out and this new expression wasn't doing much for him.

"It's not stupid. But what is stupid is that you don't see how truly talented you are. I've never seen anyone play with such passion. You got so into it, despite us being only in your house. I can't imagine what you're like in front of a crowd," he looked down and blushed, smiling, but I kept going, "It was really truly amazing and all I wanted to do was listen to you forever."

"Well you can, I won't stop you," I chuckled, a new light burning bright in his eyes.

I smiled, happy to see him come to life a bit more now, "You really are amazing," I promised him. 

"Jesus, Em," he whispered. 

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You're just something else," he smiled, his finger running along my jaw. 

It was my turn to blush. I looked down at my hands, "No, I just need to make sure you know how great you are, because I know you don't think so, which is absolutely ridiculous, might I add."

"Keep reminding me, I'm starting to not believe you," he said mocking a pout.

"You are talented."

"And," he smirked.

"And wonderful," I added.

"And," he held out.

"And so hot, like damn boy," I winked.