chapter seven

We walked near the back of the Homestead. "Where are we going?" Thomas asked. "If you're looking for a goodnight kiss, forgot it." I chuckled a little with a roll of my eyes.

"Just shut up and stay close." Chuck said. Thomas let out a big breath. He turned to me and shrugged. We followed Chuck along the back of a building. I heard movement from the inside. "The bathroom?" I muttered to them. Chuck nods. "So?" Thomas said. "I love doing this to people. Gives me great pleasure before bedtime." He said. "Doing what?" Thomas asked, arcing a eyebrow. "Maybe I should-"

"Just shut your mouth and watch." Chuck quietly stepped up onto a big wooden box that sat right under the window. I gasped "Chuck don't you dare!" I exclaimed quietly. He did this to me before. He looked back with a slight smirk. He crouched so that his head was positioned just below where the person on the inside would be able to see him. Chuck lightly tapped the glass.

"This is stupid." Thomas whispered, me nodding in agreement. "I don't want to get in trouble- I just got here!" Chuck put his hand over his mouth to cover a laugh. He tapped the window again. I saw a shadow cross the light. I pushed Thomas to where we were hiding behind the building. My chest pressed against his.

"Who's that!" Yelled the boy in bathroom. Anger lacing his voice. Me and Thomas gasped. Gally. I groaned placing my head on Thomas's chest.

Chuck pooped his head up without warning and screamed at the top of his lungs. A loud crash sounded from inside followed by swearwords. I looked at Thomas his face full of horror and embarrassment.

"I'm going to kill you, shuck-face!" Gally yelled. I looked to where Chuck once was, he disappeared. I look around to see him running towards the open Glade.

I heard Gally open the door. I grabbed Thomas's hand and started running. We had just round the corner when Gally came screaming out of the Homestead. He immediately pointed at me and Thomas. "Come here!" He yelled. Thomas froze, I tugged on his arm, eyes wide. "It wasn't me, I swear." Thomas said. "Wasn't you?" Gally snarled. He turned to me. I moved behind Thomas. Even if I beat him in a fight, when he's mad he still scared me. "I didn't do anything." I muttered out. He walked up till his was in front of us. "Then how do you know there was something you didn't do?"  Thomas didn't speak, uncomfortable.

"I'm not a dong, Greenie." Gally spat. "I saw Chuck's fat face in the window." He pointed at Thomas's chest. "But you better decide right quick who you want as your friends and enemies, hear me? One more trick like that- I don't care if it's you sissy idea or not- there'll be blood spilled. You got that, Newbie?" Gally turned and walked away.

I let out a unsteady breath, running my hands through my hair. "Sorry." Thomas muttered, wincing.

"I know you." Gally added not turning around to look at us. "I saw you in the Changing, and I'm gonna figure out who you are." Thomas looked at Gally disappeared into the Homestead. Thomas turned around looking past me. "Thanks a lot, buddy." He said. I turned to see a embarrassed Chuck looking at the ground. "Sorry- if I knew it was Gally I wouldn't have done it. I swear." Chuck said. I ran a hand through my hair, biting my lip. Thomas laughed surprising me. I looked at him, he look surprised as well.

Chuck grinned uneasly.  "What?" He asked looking at Thomas. He shook his head. "Don't be sorry. The...Shank deserved it, and I don't even know what a shank is. That was awesome." I laughed at the shank part.

Thomas laid near Chuck on a bed of grass. I looked at them. "Night Chuckie. Night Tomcat." I said with a soft smile. The boys muttered a night. I turned to walk away when Chuck called to me. "Shiloh will you sing for me?" He asked. I tensed up a bit before nodding. I sat down by their feet. I tried to think of a song. A name popped into my head Peter Pan. I remember a song about him a few actually.

"Gather 'round
This is the tombstone​
Of Peter Pan R.I.P

Say a prayer
For all the children
Everyone
Who still believes

Peter Pan R.I.P

Clear leaves
From his resting place
Chase the crows
Across the street

Let the sun
Warm his bleeding heart
Boy, you meant so much to me

Peter Pan R.I.P

Peter​ Pan
He won't come back
They chained his feet
And broke his back

I'm crying
Remember the days
Crying sweet tears of joy
Remembering the days
The games that we played

Now we know
This ain't no fairytale
His grave is there
For all to see

Gather 'round
All good children
Gather 'round the memory

Peter Pan R.I.P

Peter Pan
Don't look back
They clipped your​ wings
And chained your back

I'm crying
Remember the days
Crying sweet tears of joy
Remembering the days
The games that we played

Peter P. R.I.P
Peter P. R.I.P
Peter P. R.I.P
Peter P. R.I.P
Peter P. Rest in peace."

I sung quietly. The boys looked at me. "On that cheerful note. So long and goodnight." I stood hurrying away before they could reply.

I laid in my sleeping bag that was placed next to Newt's. I snuggled deeper hearing his soft breathing beside me. I feel asleep.

I stood on a island. I looked around a bit afraid. "Hello!" I yelled into the dark forest. A boy appeared his brown hair hung around his face, green eyes furious. Two other boys appeared a blonde and a small red head. "Welcome back love." The first boy said. "I see you've forgotten us." He smirked. His arms spread out. "Welcome to the island of nightmares​, where your dreams come to life. Enjoy your stay, because your not leaving..... ever." He hissed. I jerked back. "I'll kill you." I muttered. He disappeared then appeared in front of me. "Oh darling, I'm already dead.. to you." He said. He grabbed my hand placing it where is heart should be. Nothing. I jerked away running. His dark laughter filling the air "I'll find you Songbird!".

I jerked awake someone shaking my shoulder. Sweat dripped from my face. I looked around my eyes meeting Newt's. I sighed relieved, pulling him close into a hug. He pets my head, smoothing my hair. I sobbed softly into his shirt. The boy from my dream scares me more then the Grievers. He stood to go back to his sleeping bag, but I grabbed his hand. "Please stay." I whispered. He nods laying beside me hugging me close to him. I feel asleep feeling safe in his arms.