S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 17

"There you two are!"

Lennox waved us over from where she, Calla, Braedon, and surprisingly, Julian were all sitting. Seeing my best friend sit across from two people who knew my biggest secret gave me a nervous itch but it seemed casual, or it would if Julian didn't look so damn awkward.

"You ghosted me!" Julian accused, moving over so that I could sit beside him, "I ordered you a shake."

Cedric settled down next to me and Calla raised her brows slightly from across the table, I gave her a firm warning look, "What's on the menu?" He asked curiously, which was the mother of all questions.

Sonny's Shack was probably the best beach café known to Mirus, and all of mankind if enough stopped by, and had been here since even my dad was a kid. The menu here seemed to chop and change every week, circulating favourites, and inventing a heavenly load of new ice cream shakes and slushies.

"Everything." Braedon stated with an amazed shake of his head, "From banoffee waffles to Mexican tortillas, brother."

Lennox was staring at me from across the table, a creepy smile on her face as she rested her chin on her locked fingers. I made a face at her and Julian leaned towards me ear, "You wouldn't believe how weird this is. We waited ten minutes for you guys, and then five minutes before you two show up- she knew it was time to order." He leaned back with raised brows, "I think she might be psychic."

I nearly choked on my own breath but forced out a laugh instead, "Maybe." I croaked pouring myself a glass of water from the pitcher, I sent him an amused glance, "Or maybe you're just delusional."

Thanks to Lennox's foresight, the food arrived relatively quickly. Within a few minutes our table was overflowing with some of Sonny's finest foods from the main chef himself, I was already reaching for the cheese and chilli fries when Cedric's hand brushed against mines and I felt myself blush a little.

"You moved towards them quickly," Cedric grinned mischievously, snatching the basket out of reach, "Thought I might try them for myself, they any good?"

I scoffed at him as I plucked one of the fries smothered in melted cheese and dunked it into the thick chilli sauce, my mouth watering at the mere sight of them, "Define good." I grinned eating the first of many, I knew that it had to have been Julian who ordered them, "You know me too well, thank you!"

"One for you, one for me." Julian said seriously holding his own basket close to him, and he raised his brows like he was speaking to a child, "Not one basket and a half for you, got it?"

"No promises!" I sang in amusement because we both knew that I would get half of his. I turned back to my food but almost jumped off the bench when I felt Cedric's warm hand brush against my thigh.

Cedric's lips pursed as he concealed a smile, his chest shaking as he fought to hide his laughter. I knew that my cheeks were burning a shameful shade of red but everyone was too busy eating to notice, I nudged him sharply with his shoulder and his grin broke out, showing his annoyingly perfect teeth.

Lennox looked as if she had ordered a little of everything off the menu, and was splitting it between herself and Calla. I watched them devour a tub of cinnamon ice cream balls before they tore through a candied ice cream sundae, but it was nothing in comparison to the spread Braedon had in front of him.

"I like variety." Braedon grinned when he spotted me eyeing the three hamburgers he was devouring, next to his stuffed quesadilla and a blue slushie to chase it down, "He ever do Italian food?"