S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 44

"You need to kill her."

Ingrid knew my name; my full name. 

An intense fear consumed me, and I fought myself to hide it from her. However, I highly doubted it worked because it was snaking through me. Like a venomous parasite that wanted to strangle me, and it was working.

Because I couldn't breathe.

"I looked at your mail on my way in; Hector Crest," Ingrid added with a smirk, making my blood freeze in my veins, "Daddy has a very masculine name. I like that in a man."

For a second, I wondered if I spoke the ridiculous piece of advice to myself, until I saw Callan. He was circling behind Ingrid, who wasn't even aware of his presence, and looked me dead in the eye.

"She knows your name, and your father's name, angel." He added, his serious tone worried me more; when was Callan ever serious? "You have to kill her. Ingrid isn't known for making gracious deals."

Was he being serious? He was. 

My mouth pursed shut, and I clenched my hands together. He had to know I couldn't talk to him right now. It was probably why he was still insisting that I just kill her; because I couldn't argue with him.

And the more he said it...the more I started to agree with him.

Ingrid knowing my name was more danger than I even knew of; anyone could find me, which meant anyone could find the Salvador's. That was bad enough, but what made it worse was that those who Katerina wanted to hide me from would have direct access to me.

Wraiths from a pure bloodline, who believed themselves to be superior beings. They would probably kill Cedric, and their family, just for sport.

"A blood oath; they're unbreakable." Ingrid continued with a feline smile, "I'll keep you name safely between my lips, and all you have to do is hand over the little bitch."

Callan's expression was hard as he stared at me, "Grab the knife; kill her!" He said slowly, like I was an idiot, but I was hearing him loud and clear, "Adriana; I'm not playing around. Ingrid, as much as I admire the woman, will sell out your name without a doubt! She finds a loophole in every deal."

"I don't trust you." I narrowed my gaze at Ingrid, who only rolled her eyes at me. I doubted she cared whether I believed her not; Ingrid only wanted one thing.

There was a feral hunger about her that made it obvious: Ingrid was willing to do anything to get Sherry, because in return, she would be given power. I had felt the same power; I understood how it could be addictive. 

And this Wraith definitely was.

I had no idea what I was doing, but Callan was by my side. Like the small devil (turned angel) whispering in my ear. Ingrid watched me with a half smirk, but I could tell that she was annoyed, she wanted what she came for, now. I guessed easily that Ingrid wasn't a fan of negotiations.

"I don't owe you anything." Ingrid smiled at me sweetly, and my breathing stopped. Her eyes narrowed in warning; the threat clear as day, "I could kill you quite easily, Adriana. But I'm giving you a chance."

Callan nodded his head slowly like he was watching something deeply interesting, instead of a volatile exchange, "Yeah, she's going to kill you, angel." He concluded confidently, crossing his arms, "She's going to kill you, harness your energy, then take your friend, and kill her in the Downworld. It will be a slow painful death for her, yours won't be that great either."