S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 39

"Adriana, what did you just do!?" Freya stepped close to me until she was standing in front of me, her eyes a little wild. She looked almost frantic, "No one has ever disturbed a vision like that. What did you do!?"

It was just then, that the door clicked open. Julian was the first to step in, with Aleia close behind him, appearing a lot calmer than beforehand. So much so, that for a split second, I was able to feel a wave of relief.

Until I saw this way his eyes narrowed at the way Freya was standing in front of me.

"What's going on?" He demanded almost instantly, his protective side coming out as he made a bee-line towards me. A watery shade of septic grey surrounded him, tinged with a passionate shade of indigo, "Whoa, is she okay?"

Lennox was slumped on the floor, settled between Cedric's legs. He was piece by piece trying to feed her chocolate buttons, an attempt to bring her energy levels back up. Their sibling bond reminded of what my own relationship with Julian and Calla.

And suddenly, all I wanted was to be with them.

"She had a vision." I mumbled feeling his hand grasp my forearm, pulling me back from Freya a little. Julian nodded, surprisingly okay with the words I subconsciously spoke, "I take it Aleia told you all?"

Julian nodded silently but was distracted when Freya demanded my attention again by speaking, "Lenny, what did you see?" She questioned softly, kneeling next to Lennox, and I held my breath. What came out of her mouth, it could have been anything, "You said something to Adriana, what did it mean?"

"You know, this game is getting really boring now." Dillon growled storming towards me, her catlike features a mask of irritation. Like an angry lioness, "You don't have to be willing for me to find out the truth."

My heartbeat tripped over myself, knowing the meaning behind her words. It took more strength than I imagined to keep my composure, to not show my panic at her thinly veiled threat. 

She wanted to glamour me, and she'd done it before. Dillon was deaf to the shouts of her family, and only hesitated when Julian stepped in front of her. I wished so badly that he didn't.

"Go to sleep, you little moron!" Dillon snapped, yet her tone was like a hypnotic kiss. I shouted in shock at the sight of my best friend suddenly crumpling to the ground.

Rage tickled my insides as I looked at her, "You bitch! He better be okay!" I roared, feeling my blood boil under my skin.

A mean smile shaped her full lips, making anger blossom deep in my chest. My knees hit the floor next to Julian, who was truly out cold. Shaky fingers pressed against his neck, and relief almost brought me down next to him when I felt a pulse.

He was okay.

Although, I'm not sure if I would let Dillon have the same fate.

"Tell me how you got to the Downworld!" Dillon's demand was like a smooth caress. It compelled me to answer without needing to think about it, in fact, it made me want to tell her.

I tried to fight it, I really did. But how can you fight something you're made to want? "I was summoned!" I spat out, the words scraping out between my clenched teeth. Her smug smirk only stretched at my obvious frustration.

It was the breaking point of my patience.

At that exact moment, I felt it all at once. The clash of bitter emotions broke through every barrier of sense, and resistance, I had. These past twenty-four-hours only added to the mixture of anguish and strife that was climaxing inside of me.