S O U L L E S S: CHAPTER 36

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Gal Gadot in black lingerie.

"Julian!" I hissed in disgust, sitting up so quickly that my head spun for a second. I recognized the pig-sty of a room, before I could even look at the clothe covered ground; it had a particular stench to it.

Once my eyes I adjusted, I refused to look anywhere south because I knew that Julian wasn't wearing any clothes. For some reason, he thought that sleeping commando was the best way to go. Who was I to judge? My only wish is that I had went to Sherry.

But my best friend was on my mind.

I inhaled shakily, as my emotions rose to the surface. I could feel the burn in my temporary blue eyes, and my throat began to clog as I fought to keep myself in check but it was too late. I could already feel the tears burn down my cheeks.

Somewhere at the back of my mind, I could feel Julian's dim awareness. He was confused about what the hell was happening to him, and understandingly scared shitless, because he couldn't control what was happening.

Unfortunately, my selfishness tore through me.

There was no stopping the sobs that racked my entire body. I couldn't even think of what to say to Julian; I was just oddly comfortably that I was with him. Even though I was technically possessing him.

"Honey, are you...you okay in there?"

My entire body stilled at the sound of Mrs Quake's voice. What kind of moron was I!? Here I was, sat in Julian's bed in his house, sobbing my heart out. When all Mrs Quake would hear, was the sound of her son crying; and when did Julian ever cry?

Besides the one time when we watched The Best of Me but we weren't allowed to speak of that. Even at the mere memory of it, I could feel him grizzle at the back of his mind, and it freaked me out so much, that I snapped out of it.

"What the hell!?" Julian cried out, startled seven ways to Sunday once I left his body. I felt an eerie shiver crawl down my spine at the disconnection. Watching as he mopped his own tears off his face in terrified confusion, "Yeah, ma! I, uh, somethings up with my throat is all. I'm good!"

I bit my lip nervously, how could I be so reckless? I didn't want to drag Julian into my mess but now...it seemed impossible not to. As selfish as it was; I needed my best friend. Maybe it was time to tell him, the secrecy was smothering me inside out- I hated keeping something so big from him.

Julian stared at his starry comforter for a few seconds in silent shock, I could tell. Reading Julian is as easy as reading a book; I had just known him for that long. He finally looked up with wet eyes, and he stared for a second, then the screaming began.

"What the fuck!? Oh my god, what the hell is wrong with your eyes!?" He roared in horror when he saw me standing by his desk, it was cluttered with his normal mess. I don't even know why he owned one, it's not like he used it for anything academic, "What did you do to me, Ade? Holy fuck, am I tripping on something? Why are you here, where's the hot chick from The Avengers?"

Wow, like that wasn't insulting. I'm not entirely sure what I had expected from Julian, I guess since he was my best friend, I had expected him to not be as freaked out. Sherry didn't have a complete melt down like he was having.

I recoiled when he suddenly flung himself over his trash can, and vomited. I felt guilty but what could I do? It's not like I could comfort him in my spirit form, especially when it was me who triggered him in the first place.

"I can explain, I can explain everything!" I stared slowly, feeling my own emotions threaten to take me under. Oh damn, I had never wanted to cry so badly in my life. It felt like if I let one tear go, then all the water in my body would pour through my eyes, "Julian, I'm so sorry! I never wanted to scare you, I can't control it yet!"