Chapter 11: Godmothers and Aunts

After dropping Maia off in New Zealand, I was surprised to get a call from Roy. A little nervous, I answered. I assumed Roy was still mad about the talk, so the reason he was calling me couldnt have been good.

"Roy? Is everything okay?" I answered.

"Hello to you too." Roy chuckled, catching me off guard. It had been...Years since I'd heard him laugh.

"Roy, are you drunk?" I asked.

"Why the hell would you think I'm drunk?" He exclaimed.

"Why else would you be laughing?" I yelled back.

There was a pause before Roy answered. "Ya...I guess it had been a while, huh?"

"For both of us..." I muttered, rubbing the back of my neck.

Another moment of silence before I heard Roy curse under his breath. "Hey Lina, you think you could meet me? Star City, corner of 65th and Oakland?"

"Ya...sure. Are you alright?" I hesitantly accepted, still worryingly wondering why Roy had suddenly called me.

"I'm...I'm alright, just...I need to talk you." Roy said, before hanging on. Frowning, I shrugged and flew to the Zeta-tubes.

***

I decided to meet Roy in civvies. It was late and I was tired, not really expecting a fight. So I just wore a simple pair of black leggings and a simple top under my winter jacket.

The place Roy told me to meet was (unsurprisingly) an alley, so I felt a little uneasy walking into it. But I did nonetheless and leaned against the wall, waiting for Roy.

"Hello beautiful." A guy said, walking up to me and I felt my patience immideatly plummet. I never had patience for cat-callers.

I didn't answer the man, so he unfortunately moved closer. "Hello? Gordgeous? Do you hear me?"

Should I...Yes.

"Pardon?" I asked in my mother tongue, turning to the man. "Je veux vraiment que vous partez. Honnêtement, je veux bien vous battre, parce que catacalling en sexiste alors s'il vous plaît me donner une raison."

The guy looked taken back. "Um... Nevermind." He stumbled back, but was met by an arrow flying and landing in the wall, an incg away from his nose.

"This guy messing with you Lina?" Roy's voice said and suddenly, a heavy thud met my ears: signifying that Roy had landed in the alley.

The man spun around, hands up. "Hey man, I was just leaving."

"Ya, you were." Roy said threateningly.

"Okay, sorry, I didn't mean to mess with your girl..." The man said.

"I'm not anybody's girl, and if I was: that shouldn't make you feel sorry for objectifying a women." I growled, making the guy pain around.

"You speak English!"

"And you're an asshole." I shrugged. "Now get running."

The guy was smart and did as told.

"Well well...Lina Dubois is swearing now: never thought I'd see the day." Roy smirked.

"Believe it or not, I'll be 22 in April." I hummed. "Of course I don't go running around dropping F-bombs like you either..."