Chapter 18: Out of the Frying Pan...

I drew Season 1 Lina in full uniform. Once again: can't draw for shit so please excuse the cringe.

It was...what I estimate was several hours until I heard alarms blare outside the pods. The alien, who the others referred to as 'scientist' ran out and I grinned, even though the shock remained running through my body.

The team was here, I knew they'd come for us.

A few minutes later, the fronts of the pods shattered and the four of us fell out. Still weakened by the pain of being electrified for hours, I gritted my teeth as I scrambled to Maia. She was panting, leaning her heaving body on one forearm as she clutched her head in pain. I wrapped her body in my arms, holding her up as she recuperated.

"Powers...coming back...I can see...I'm okay." Maia panted, calming down.

"How is she?" Megan asked as she helped Gar up. Bart simply shook off any pain he had and stood up, rubbing his neck.

"She'll be fine in a second." I said, standing us both up as I take out a syringe from my belt and inject my medication. I sigh and shake my head, getting ready to fight out of here. "I can help her out, how are you two?"

"I'm...I'm fine." Gar gasped in his adopted sister's arms.

"I'm fine, thanks for the rescue. Off to find Blue!" Bart said quickly before zipping off.

"Impulse!" Megan cried but I waved it off.

"He'll find us, don't worry." I said, glad to feel parts of my pain dissipate upon my medication entering my bloodstream. "But we need to get out of here."

Megan nodded to me before we grabbed our youngers and flew out of the lab.

"Which way?" I asked through the psycic link Megan put up. Garfield sniffed the air, before looking to a nearby corner.

"This way." He explained before running, the rest of us in tow.
***

We ran for a long while until we came to a T in the road. We were about to turn when we were forced to skid to a halt, Kaldur stepping forward. Instantly, anger sank its fangs into my body and I felt the urge to fight. Maia also seemed to have a similar feeling as her body tensed and she drew her swords.

Before either me or my protege could do anything however, Megan shoved her way in front of us: her eyes glowing green and a look of pure rage over her features.

"You! Murderer!" Megan growled and her whole body seemed to shake with emotion and began to eminate a green aura. A moment later, Kaldur let out a scream of pain which made my body tense and my mind flood with emotions.

Part of me wanted to help him, or stop Megan...but shouldn't I be happy he's getting what he deserves?

He killed Artemis, shouldn't I be taking him down while Megan had him in his clutches?

I looked to Gar and Maia wondering what I should do but the teens looked just as confused as I.

However, I decided to take control and I grabbed Megan's shoulder.

"Miss M!" I exclaimed. Under my body however, I felt her rage slowly disperse. Slowly after, the green around her vanished. "M'gann?"

Her face looked almost...grief-stricken. Her face seemed paralyzed as her legs gave out from under her, and Gar ran up to help me help her.

Suddenly, another fighter- the orange and black ninja girl from the attack on the cave came running up. I eyed her, but as she seemed intently focused on Kaldur, I looked back to Megan who was still in shock. Maia however, drew her swords and prepared for an attack.