Chapter 26: Wally's Words of Wisdom

As I felt myself wake up, the first thing that crossed my mind was 'Who the hell is playing drums in my brain?'

I opened my eyes, only to clutch my hands over them as light pierced my senses, making me feel like the world was on fire. I reached over to get my medication from my bedside table, only for the limb to run straight into a wall.

I groaned in pain as I pulled my wounded hand into my chest. I opened my eyes slightly only to realize...

"I'm...not in my apartment." I muttered, eyes fully opening. After a quick look around, I remembered that I was in Wally and Artemis' apartment, more specifically on their couch. A soft blanket had been laid on top of me and a bottle of Asprin, and one of my medical syringes laid on the coffee table next to me.

In a fit of panic, I threw the blanket off of me. My panic was calmed when I found that all my clothes, save for my hoodie which I had been using as a pillow, we're on me.

No drunken nights with one of my best friends, at least I have that going for me...

Mumbling French curse words under my breath, I reached over and grabbed the syringe from the table and slid it into it's usual spot in my arm. After inserting all the chemicals, I pulled it out and put it back on the table where the couple's dog, Nelson, couldn't reach it.  As I moved my arm to get the medication into my bloodstream, I reached over and grabbed the Asprin; popping off the lid and swallowing two of the small pills.

"You're awake." I heard and I turned to see Wally walking into the kitchen, wearing the same sleepwear as last night but with even worse bedhead then usual.

"Just got up, my head's killing me." I muttered, running my eyes and swinging my feet off the couch.

"Not surprised, you're the biggest lightweight I know and you downed nearly a whole bottle of Vodka." Wally chuckled and I groaned, pulling at my hear (which was messy and knotted beyond belief).

"I knew I was going to regret drinking." I muttered before letting out a string of curses.

"Hey, it's okay." Wally said as he zipped over to the couch, suddenly holding a plate of Poptarts. "It was good to see you smiling and enjoying yourself again."

"I was drunk off my ass." I reminded him, and he ginger simply shrugged.

"I know, but it was still nice. Of course I had to distract you from talking about the mission a couple times, but I'll take what I can get." Wally said, shrugging as he held out the plate of breakfast desserts. After a moment, I grabbed one and began to eat. "Besides, Dunk-Lina is actually really fun when you're talking and not flirting with Kaldur."

I groaned, recollection of Rocket's 21st birthday, when everyone had too much to drink. Including me and Kaldur. It was...quite the adventure.

Shaking my head to rid myself of the memory, I look back over to Wally.

"So...I asked you this a couple times last night, but I never got an answer." Wally said and I raised an eyebrow, curious as to what he would ask. "Now that you know it was a mission, and that Kaldur's still good...are you going to forgive him?"

The question didn't make my mind freeze, surprisingly it actually didn't have much of an effect on me at all. Probably because I had been pondering the same thing since I had heard that this stupid thing was all a ploy to overthrow the Light.

"I'm not sure of that myself." I sighed, rubbing my arm uncomfortably, looking down. Wally sighed and moved a little closer to me, placing a comforting arm around me and rubbing my back.

"I'm not going to tell you what to do Lina, but...think about it, okay? Even if Dick was a...well, a dick; you deserve to be happy." Wally said, in a brotherly tone. "And if that's forgiving Kaldur, then good! I have no doubt two can work through whatever problems you come through. But...if you don't think you can, then you do what you need to do."

Letting Wally's 'words of wisdom' sink into me, I let my body ease into his warm embrace, taking comfort in the comfort.