Chapter 2:Hostage

Sehun tore the tape off of the pretty boy's mouth violently, causing the head of honey brown curls to roll slightly. Baekhyun peered at the face of the hostage in surprise.

"Don't blame you for saving that one, boss!" Baekhyun laughed lightly, before shutting up abruptly when he noticed Sehun's icy stare fixate on him. "I'll...take my leave now..." Baekhyun bowed until he almost kissed the floor, before sprinting up the stairs of the basement.

The pretty boy was still tied unflinchingly to the chair when Baekhyun left but hadn't spoken a word. Whether it was out of fear or shock of the realisation that he had been kidnapped, Sehun didn't know. But he decided to walk up casually to the boy in the chair and began untying the rigid brown rope that was holding the poor hostage down.

"What's your name?" Sehun's voice rung out throughout the entire basement, as clear as glass. The boy looked up at him in total confusion, and Sehun rolled his eyes. A dumb kid was fine, but it took a lot away from the boy's beauty. Nevertheless, even if it did take away that beauty from the Chinese boy, he would still be the most breath-taking looking person in Sehun's life.
The pretty boy mumbled something in mandarin, and it all clicked.

Mentally, Sehun face palmed himself. Of course, he's from China. He won't understand Korean; maybe he's not dumb after all... and even better, I have my own China doll, Sehun theorized to himself, before smirking smugly at the shaking boy below him.

Good thing that I'm bilingual, he thought.

"Your name," he spoke in mandarin fluently, "I want to know your name."
The boy mumbled something that sounded like "Shi Luhan " to the mafia boss, which caused the Sehun to breathe out heavily in irritation.

He was about to reiterate the question when the boy spoke louder. "Xi Luhan. Please don't kill me..." he said in a strangely accented Korean. It was as if "lopsided" was a new way of saying words. His voice was still quite smooth, and innocence laced his speech.

Sehun was about to untie the final knot when he looked up at this Luhan creature and continued to speak in mandarin to the boy.

"Listen to me, Luhan. From now on, you're mine. I won't kill you, but if you dare disobey me-I'll think again about not shooting you right in the centre of your pretty little face," Sehun demanded to him and placed the tip of his index finger in between Luhan's eyes, before continuing when they locked eyes. "Right here. So I will undo this last goddamn knot, and you are not going to put up any fight. Understand?" Luhan nodded desperately.

Sehun undid the last knot roughly and the smaller Chinese boy fell to the floor in a heap. Sehun looked down on him in a guilty kind of pity.
"Stand up." He commanded with authority. Luhan tried to desperately get onto his feet, but it took at least four tries to do so. The mafia boss groused in indignation before offering a large hand to the weak boy, who even standing up, was a few inches short off of his height.

"Luhan is injured...can't walk," the Chinese boy murmured in his bizarre Korean. Sehun cursed.
"I'll get Kris to carry you, I've got more important things to do right now," the taller of the two griped, annoyance clear in his voice. Luhan nodded weakly before collapsing, unconscious on the ground.

Sehun's eyes widened when he noticed crimson red blood flowing down the porcelain white leg, and figured out that the boy must have had a wound on his thigh. The Ice Prince couldn't see the injury because Luhan was wearing a large pair of shorts to cover it.

He left the boy in the basement before returning to the colossal meeting room. The rest of the men who were in there to see who needed to make a "payment" peered up at him before forming a line in a perfect height order.
"Kris, take the hostage in the basement up to Yixing for treatment," Sehun ordered in his baritone speech before Kris got up from the last place in the line and approached the door.

"You kept a hostage?" Kris's deep voice husked quietly to Sehun in shock.
Sehun gave him an icy side eye. "So what if I did? Keep your mouth shut, hyung,"
Kris rolled his eyes before sauntering calmly to the basement door. He smiled smugly to himself. Looks like someone is going to melt the boss's cold heart.