Chapter 23:Hung Over

It was the morning after SHINee's party, and now Sehun was even more moody than usual and exhausted. Luhan was nestled into his embrace, snoring softly and murmuring nonsense in Mandarin while Sehun lay awake, thinking.

Being the world's most antisocial person ever, parties were never his kind of thing. People were eternally pressed against you in the most uncomfortable way imaginable, greeting everybody that you come across and getting hammered with alcohol and maybe drugs. Not to mention carrying your hung-over associates home while they're asking questions like:

"Sehunnie, do you think looking at a picture of the sun hurt your eyes?"

That was Chanyeol's question.

"Sehunnie, do you think I would be able to keep a pet rock alive? I don't want to kill it...” a sobbing Baekhyun had asked.

And Sehun's favourite question of the night:

"Sehunnie, if I die right here, like right now- yeah, right now- and you drop me into that mud puddle over there, will I turn into a crocodile overnight?" Because drunk Kai was the best kind of Kai.

Sehun's thoughts were disturbed by a noisy snap and heavy footsteps by his bedroom door.

“Boss!” Chanyeol stumbled into his bedroom without knocking first, clutching his head in agony. His loud voice made Luhan shuffle around in Sehun’s arms; not that Chanyeol noticed the deer’s disarrangement- or anything around him, for that matter.

“I’m not going to be able to uh… negotiate with…uh…those people today about uh…the uh…uh…drugs today! Too hung-over and happyyyyy…” He slurred sloppily before wandering out of the room, walking into a wall and apologizing profusely before successfully making his way through the sliding door.

“What did Chanyeol say?” The deer mumbled into Sehun’s neck as Chanyeol’s loud footsteps faded down the hall. Sehun sighed softly as he explained what Chanyeol had said. Of course, if half of Exo were horribly hung-over, he would have to go. There was no way only two people were going against nine, that wasn’t fair, and Exo would never get a good deal if they were outnumbered like that.

“…I’m sorry, Lu. It looks like I won’t be able to make our date today,” he nuzzled his nose in apology against Luhan’s fluffy honey-brown hair as the deer practically sunk in disappointment. “Oh. It’s fine…We’ll just do something another time. Work comes before me, right?” His voice was laced with hurt as Sehun shook his head gently.

“Work doesn’t come before you, Lu. It’s just really important that we get a good deal today. Chanyeol just has a low alcohol tolerance, and if he’s not there, then I have to step in for his place.” His tone was apologetic and regretful as Luhan squeezed out of his lover’s arms and turned away.

“Can’t you reschedule this meeting until Chanyeol is sober? You’re the boss, right?” The deer frowned as Sehun exhaled sharply.

‘That’s not how it works, and it doesn’t matter if I’m the boss or the lowest ranking member of Exo. The meeting time isn’t going to change.”

------------------------------

“Bye losers!” Chen grinned as an array of groans and “shut up’s” could be heard from the living room. Suho rolled his eyes and opened the door as Sehun half shouted, half murmured a: “Goodbye.”

Usually Luhan would come running up to him and give him a tight hug before saying a cheery goodbye, but today was different. No little deer came running to Sehun and wave him off. Chen and Suho shared an uneasy look before the troll decided to push his boss out of the door.

----------------------------

“Six boxes for 15,000,000 won. No less.” The man’s eyes narrowed as Sehun glared back, equally as determined to get the best deal.

“12,500,000 won. In cash. No more.” Suho bellowed, pushing a pile of cash in front of him and leaning back into his chair proudly at his announcement.

“15,000,000, and a whole box of our newest drug. Unbeatable.” Their leader smiled.

"15,000,000 for your crap? 13,000,000 at the most!" Chen argued, practically leaping out of his chair to get to the man.

"I think you're making a mistake. This drug is so powerful, it makes whoever has taken it in a state of total unawareness for days on end!" The man panicked, eyes going wide.

"I think your creation was a mistake..." Sehun murmured as he sat up and drummed his fingers on the dimly lit table.

"I will pay you 13,250,000 won in cash, right now, for six boxes of the usual and one box of the new drug. Or, we can easily got to other desperate groups and get equally as good drugs from there..." Sehun smiled slightly as the man agreed and handed over seven boxes of the highest quality drugs made in Asia.

----------------------------

Luhan was bored. He rolled over in Sehun's bed, trying to find something to occupy himself with, when he had a great idea.

Sehun had warned him about dangers of going outside without protection and stuff, but it was broad daylight and it wasn't as if he was going into the back alleyways of Seoul. He slid into a pair of tracksuits and a galaxy print jumper before tying his trainers and running down the stairs. The deer yelled something about going out to the drunken mobsters, who only groaned in response as Luhan giggled and unlocked the door.

The deer stepped out and closed the door behind him as he breathed in fresh air. It felt nice. Freeing, almost. He knew that he couldn't be mad at Sehun. He had a job to do. The deer was just a little disappointed that the job had happened to take place on the exact time when their date was.

He carried on walking, not paying the slightest for where he was going or what he was going to meet if he went further.

The underground area of Seoul.

----------------------------

As he naively skipped past the run down area, he slowly realised had no idea where he was. Brilliant. He had gone way to far to find his way back out of the slums, and noticed the tramps crawling their way to him. There was a glint in their eyes that reminded Luhan all to well of it meant.

Oh god.

His hands fumbled in his pocket for his phone as his feet picked up pace. Upon finding it, the little deer unlocked it and called the only person saved onto 'favourites.'

"Sehun-ah <3" the screen displayed before making a clicking sound to signify that Sehun had picked up.

"Hello?" A monotone voice could be heard, making Luhan tremble a little. "Sehun-ah! Please come and help me! I'm scared! I think that something's going to get me!" He yelped as Sehun stayed silent. "Sehun? Oh my god...Sehun-ah?"

It wasn't Sehun who had stayed silent, but rather a huge man standing in front of the small deer who had tapped "end call." On Luhan's phone.

It took a few seconds for Luhan to look up before gulping his fears down. "Um. Hi, my name is Luhan...uh... what's yours?" He backed away slightly before tripping up on a soju bottle, making him fall face first onto the cracked, dirty pavement below, sticking up in the air at the man's face.

"Doesn't matter who I am. You're not even going to remember your own name by the time I'm done with you, pretty boy."