Chapter 8:Cold

When Sehun was about to answer, a loud ringing cut him off before he could get even get a word out. He pressed "answer" on the screen of his hands-free system and almost immediately, a panic of sounds were heard, making Luhan shriek in surprise.

"Sehun! You have to come to (put some random dodgy place here) right now! Someone shot Baek!" Chanyeol's deep voice screamed before gunshots were heard in the background. Sehun sat up straight away and spoke in a tone that demanded authority. "Okay, call Kris and Tao immediately. Tell them to bring the revolvers in the basement with them. I've got Luhan with me, I can't go right now." He heard another shot followed by a crash. Then the audio fuzzed slightly.

"Chanyeol? Chanyeol!" Sehun repeated while Luhan continued to eat the fish cookie nervously. Shoot? Revolvers? If Chanyeol sounded panicked, that surely meant that Luhan would find it scarring.

"Sorry. Kris and Tao are doing the deal in China remember? Everybody else is having a meeting in Busan! The only person left is Yixing, and there's no way he could fight this many! Even I can't keep fighting against eighteen men for too long! Baek's bleeding from his leg real bad!" Chanyeol yelled as the connection timed out.

". Chanyeol and Baekhyun are going to get killed if I leave them there..." Sehun mumbled to himself. "I can't take Luhan there..."

Luhan finished his cookie and looked at Sehun worriedly, who was biting his nails while keeping his left hand on the steering wheel. "Yixing..." Sehun repeated to himself before slowing down slightly and reaching a small epiphany and snapping his fingers.

---------------------------------------------------

Lay slid into the back seat of the black Lamborghini with a medical kit in hand before Sehun sped off again. "Hey, Luhan. What's the plan, Boss?" He asked while clicking his seatbelt together. "Do you have your gun?" was all Sehun asked. "Uh...yes," Lay confirmed, holding the black handgun up as evidence.

"The plan is that I'm going to go and drag Baekhyun out of there and you have to give him immediate medical treatment for his leg. Also, shoot anyone who dares to try and hurt Luhan. Then I'm going to go back and help Chanyeol, alright Lay?" Sehun explained curtly, and Lay nodded, even if his boss couldn't see it. Luhan turned to Lay innocently.

"Yixing, who's Lay?" the deer looked legitimately confused. Lay let out a loud laugh and even Sehun cracked a small smile. "Me. Lay is my codename when I have to get involved in a job." Lay explained, as Luhan "oooh!" ed, nodding along when really, he had no idea what a codename was.

They pulled up at a very run down, deserted facility, just about in the shadow that the building cast. Sehun pulled out a very large firearm from the side of his seat and got out, nodding to Yixing as he did so.

-------------------------------------------

Baekhyun was thrown into the car, his right shin covered in red liquid that was running into his converse, making it dyed red as supposed to white.

"Geez, Baekhyun. They really got you this time, didn't they?" Yixing complained as he started to clean around the gunshot wound.

"Wait. This happens often?" Luhan shrieked while covering his eyes. Baekhyun scoffed slightly at the deer's ignorance.

"Yeah, it's something that you get used to in my job. You can stop covering your eyes now. I'm not that ugly, am I?" Baekhyun smirked as Yixing had finished easing out the bullet and had started wrapping a bandage around the injury tightly.

He sat up and winced slightly at a shooting pain than sprinted up his legs. Luhan uncovered his eyes to see Baekhyun's leg wrapped, but with red spots blooming out from the center of the bandage. It had barely been three seconds when Sehun and Chanyeol rushed into the car, one looking severely more drained and tired than the other.

Chanyeol flopped onto the other side seat in the back while Baekhyun raked his fingers through his dirty, matted, red hair. The tallest in the car placed his gun underneath Sehun's seat and hugged Baekhyun loosely, burying his nose into the purple hair and inhaling lightly. It wasn't creepy; it was just Chanyeol's way of showing affection.

"Thank god you're safe, Baekkie..." Chanyeol whispered into his ear while Baekhyun giggled softly and tugged at Chanyeol's tie.

"Please don't do anything in the back of my car." Sehun spat in disgust, and the two immediately sprang apart. Yixing packed away his medical kit as they drove away from the abandoned facility, leaving only dust in their place.

--------------------------------------

"For 's sake." Sehun sighed as Chanyeol announced that the boiler had broken and that the house (more like a mansion to Luhan) was going to be the exact same temperature outside: minus four degrees. When winter hits South Korea, it hits hard, and the five men in the house felt the temperature difference as they bundled themselves up in clothes. He texted all of the other mafia gang members about the situation.

Well, almost all of five of them. Sehun didn't seem affected by the cold, but then again, Sehun was a naturally cold person. He sat in the kitchen, drinking coffee from a turquoise mug. Luhan was upstairs, piling on more layers over his thin body. Being as slim as he was, he was the one most affected by the sudden temperature drop, as well as Baekhyun, who was curled up in a ball under a thick pile of blankets while watching his favorite k-drama.

Yixing was already in bed, being the early night sleeper that he was. Chanyeol was making hot chocolate, which was usually Kyungsoo's job, and he wasn't doing a terrible job. It was as if the shooting didn't happen like everyone except Luhan had forgotten about what happened earlier that day.

Luhan's small feet pattered down the spiral, old fashioned stairs and bounced into the kitchen. Sehun heard the deer open the door and pull the chair out next to him as Chanyeol handed him some hot chocolate in an orange cup.

Luhan pouted slightly when Sehun didn't acknowledge him and carried on texting as if he hadn't just come into the room. He plopped down onto the chair and waved his hand in front of Sehun's usually stoic face, only to get no response, just more faint clicks of the keyboard on the mafia boss's phone.

Great. Luhan shivered violently. It was still freezing cold to the deer, and his teeth chattered cutely as he drunk the warm liquid from the orange mug. Sehun pulled his chair out and placed his cup in the sink. Luhan sighed as he sat his orange cup on a coaster, teeth still chattering and body still shivering fiercely.

He really doesn't care about me...Luhan thought, hearing the taller man behind him still texting on his phone. Then he heard something being dropped onto the counter top, and someone walking towards him.

Strong arms wrapped around his thin frame and held him in close. Sehun body was very warm, and Luhan cuddled into the embrace, trying to get as much heat as possible to warm up his freezing body. He could feel Sehun's hot breath along his neck, and he shivered again, but for a different reason this time.

"Back to your question; I care about you a lot, you know..." Sehun rasped straight into the deer's ear, his mouth practically attached to Luhan, making him blush. He wasn't that cold anymore that night.