Chapter 14: Shock

6 days left...

Sehun glared down at the body in the trash bag at his feet. He grabbed the ties of the garbage bag and stuck a note onto the front before hauling it into the boot of his car. After a few minutes on the road, he parked his Lamborghini on the side of the road and picked up the bag casually. It was only 1:35 in the morning and no other car was on the road. Even if there were any witnesses, they would just end up with the same fate as the poor old soul in the garbage bag.

He walked casually up to the window of the house, not even trying to conceal his tall frame. He then opened it silently, making no noise whatsoever. Slowly, the mafia boss flipped skillfully into the master bedroom of the mansion and placed the bag into the empty fireplace, like Santa. Just not as cheerful and kid-friendly.

Sehun leaped out of the window, not bothering to close it. The man was given a...'present' by Asia's most handsome and respected mafia boss. He didn't have the privilege of privacy from other Mafia Gangs. As soon as he started his engine and left, the sound of glass being shattered and a man screaming could be heard.

He smirked to himself and mentally ticked a box in his mind. One job was done, and he didn't even have to do anything. Chanyeol had killed the target's sister, and another group had jumped at the opportunity of a wide-open window of a house in Seoul's richest district. All he had done was delivered the parcel.

He knew Luhan was safe as well because he had left Kai and Kyungsoo to look over him while he was away. If anyone tried anything, those two would protect the deer at any cost. Suddenly, a very expensive looking car almost crashed into him as it sped ahead, making him Sehun swear inwardly.

"Who the gave them a license?" He muttered darkly before another car (identical to the first) attempted the same thing, but from the other side. Sehun swore loudly this time before racing ahead at full speed down the motorway.

He only slowed his pace when he arrived at a traffic junction near his house/ Exo facility. Chen and Xiumin were out, looking for a target by foot around the area, and he didn't know what he'd do if he crashed into them at the speed that he was going.

He looked to his right, where he would have to make a turn. But instead of seeing an empty road, a tranquilizer gun was being pointed at him. Then someone smashed the side window where he sat, and before Sehun could even register what was going on, he was out like a light.

--------------------------------

"Where's Sehun-ah?" Luhan asked, and Kai shrugged as Kyungsoo checked his watch. "He should be home by now. It could be possible that he got in some trouble on the way home. Don't worry. Sehun will be back soon." Kyungsoo promised him, but even he couldn't be so sure about Sehun's whereabouts anymore.

"That's it! This is ridiculous! Sehun's never late. I'm just going to call him!" Before Kyungsoo could stop him, Kai pulled out his phone and tapped Sehun's contact before letting the phone ring.

He picked up, but there was no sound except heavy breathing and footsteps on the other side of the line. "Boss!" Kai yelled into the phone, and again, there was no answer. Kyungsoo and Kai both shared worried glances as the smaller of the two tried this time. Luhan was getting increasingly worried with every second of silence that passed by. Then a voice boomed from Kai's phone, making him turn the volume down immediately.

"We've got him with us, and to get him back, you have to pay us." A familiar man's voice crackled. It was the man who got away with Luhan's incident.

"Please. You probably just found his phone on the sidewalk and picked it up. Stop bluffing." Kai boasted into the phone. Kyungsoo jabbed his partner hard, and the man chuckled maniacally.

"Do you want me to prove it?" Kyungsoo nervously agreed, and the sound of tape being torn off somebody's mouth could be heard.

Unlike Luhan, there was no scream of pain. Silence. Then the call cut off. Kai furiously tapped Sehun's number again before a number popped up on his screen. Luhan shuffled to try and see what was going on, but Kyungsoo blocked him quickly.

"Come on, Luhan hyung. It'll be fine, just stay away from the phone, okay? Don't want you to see this if it's real bad." Luhan pouted and curled up on Sehun's bed again, breathing in the sheet's scent. It smelt of Sehun's cologne and Luhan felt tears spring into his eyes. Please don't be hurt, Sehun-ah...

Kai tapped 'accept' and a video chat popped up. In the middle of the screen was Sehun, bound by at least a dozen electrical ropes to a chair. His face was expressionless, as always, but he craned his neck to see the two people on the screen. Kyungsoo noticed Sehun's hands fumbling at the back of his chair strangely.

The man showed a controller to the two mafia members; showing that the voltage was set to 900. Kyungsoo almost fainted at the sight. He had had 600 volts before, and it felt as if he was dead already. 900? That would be excruciating.

He smiled wickedly before pressing a green button, making Sehun's body 'spasm' violently, but not enough quite to make him scream. Nothing could make Oh Sehun scream. Luhan heard the chaos and, not obeying Kyungsoo, peered at the scream before his face crumpled and tears ran down his cheeks. That's when Kai and Kyungsoo noticed something strange with the machine that he was torturing Sehun with.

Sehun's eyes softened a little, but his expression didn't change. Kyungsoo calmed him down, but only slightly. Luhan cried himself to sleep, still sniffing the blankets, inhaling the scent of Sehun. Kai started to tap on the 'end call' button, but a glitch in the call prevented him from doing so.

Sehun had been 'shocked' three more times, each shock being raised another 75 volts as Kai and Kyungsoo looked on in mock horror.

"I said I'd pay you like twenty minutes ago! What's the address? I'll bring it to you now..." Kyungsoo got a notepad and pen out.

The man repeated the address multiple times and Kyungsoo checked it over. Before the man hung up, he turned the voltage up so that it was at least double the previous shock.

"By this time tomorrow. Or your precious boss dies." And the call cut off.

"Hahahahaha! That stupid guy actually gave us the address! He obviously didn't notice that the machine wasn't even on, either!" Kai burst out laughing, and even Kyungsoo cracked a small smile. "I never doubted Boss for a second." He said, chuckling nervously.

I'll go and get him right now," Kai said and Kyungsoo nodded. He sat down next to Luhan and threw another blanket over the shaking deer.

"Don't worry about Sehun, Luhan. He won't let anything happen to you, himself or us. I hope..." he sighed.