Protective

Eric could hear the boys that you'd been working with that morning. You were quick, effective and deadly which was why you had risen to the position of an instructor, unfortunately you were a little younger than Eric which meant the newer Initiates liked to hit on you.

"You two move along." He grumbled his face remaining cold when you hurried into view.

"Eric... are you doing anything after lunch?" You asked nervously.

"No, why?" He asked, his voice softening when you blushed a little but tried to look as nonchalant as possible.

"My lessons tend to go better when you're there and I still don't think I've got the hand of it yet." You muttered quietly and he nodded, his hand resting on your back as he steered you to the room you'd be using and began to help you set up.

"You're too soft on them, most of the boys who are bigger than you think they could beat you in a fight and they'll make the girls who you're training feel the same way." He advised before people started to file in.

"You want me to beat up little boys?" You asked dubiously and he shrugged.

"They're not that little." You laughed as he headed over to lent against the wall that was overlooking a fighting mat.

Deciding to follow Eric's advice you challenged the group. As Eric had thought all of the boys who were bigger than you decided to take you up on the offer and you got through the first three with embracing ease.

"You." You pointed at the last one, smiling when you spotted the rest of your initiates miming and talking about your moves rather than you in general.

He lunged and attack at you and you quickly dodged, taking out his legs as you span and daintily landed with your hands holding your body weight as you pressed your knee on his neck.

"So, you all need to pair up and try to practise what I've shown you..." You turned when the boy you'd knocked down made a furious noise and lunged for you again only this time Eric stuck his arm out and took the boy off his feet.

"I'm dying." He wailed and Eric scoffed at him.

"No, you're not I just hit you in the throat." He sighed and you had to hide your laugh as you went to help him up.

"Go to the infirmary." You snapped, showing him off.

"Anyone else have a problem with (Y/N)?" Eric asked and there was a chorus of no through the room. "Good, I'm leaving so don't piss her off, she nearly killed me and Four during our time training her." He left the room and you finally had full focus from the group who were stood in a stunned silence.

"Thank you by the way." You muttered as you sat next to Eric who smiled.

"You're welcome, I'm taking your desert as payment." He grumbled, grabbing yours from your plate.

"Hey!" You objected and stuck your fork into the pudding with narrowed eyes.

"Half?" He offered and you nodded with an eye roll as he handed you the bowl.

"All of my initiates are terrified of me." You sighed and leant your head-on Eric's shoulder for a moment before suddenly perking up with a wide smile. "But now they think I'll kill them if I'm mad so they've stopped whispering."

"Good... by the way Max wants to talk to us." Eric muttered lazily as he finished his food and watched you play with yours.

You stopped when you were about to take a bite and frowned "What about?" you asked quickly and he winced.

"One of your Initiates was talking about a... certain person's attractiveness and what they would like to do to them but he wasn't paying attention and almost fell of the bridge." Eric smile when you giggled and licked the left-over sauce from your fork.

"You didn't have to do that." You pointed out with a smile.

"What save him, I agree." He laughed when you punched his shoulder causing several people near the two of you to look at him like he'd gone mad.

"Thank you for looking after me Eric." You sighed before sliding your empty plate over to him and hopping up, fully ready for a work out with Tori. He smiled for a moment as you walked away, waving to a few people who said hello.

"Really Eric a pretty girl smiles at you and you decide to protect her?" Eric grunted to himself as he decided to head up to his rooms.