Training

Eric sighed as he circled the training room. None of the new initiates held up any hope of getting through the tests. He paused as he watched you hit the punching bag. Bad form but still a strong punch.

You were different from the other initiates. They had good balance, slim, prepared to train hard. He'd assumed when he'd first set eyes on you that you were hoping for an easy ride. In Fact when you made it through the first cut he was surprised.

You couldn't break through the pack, he saw you trying as hard as you could. Your aim was bad, you could keep the middle of the group when they ran. If he was the type Eric might admire how hard you were working to keep up. But if you were pushing yourself this hard already. There was no way you'd keep up.

"This is wrong." Eric grunted and frowned when you paused, getting buffeted by the bag which swung back at you.

"What's wrong?" You asked as he turned and walked away.

"How you're hitting." Was all he said as started inspecting another insitates form.

"You could at least show me how to improve." You said before you could stop yourself. He turned on his heels and glared at you. Everyone around you stared, waiting from Eric to flip but he just nodded his head.

******************************************************

"(Y/N). Stay behind." Eric barked as everyone filled out of the training room. "You want me to tell you how to improve, get to work."

"But..." You'd been about to complain about how hungry you were and that you needed a rest but Eric had a look in his eyes that convinced you to keep quiet and do what he asked.

He gestured for you to retake your position on the punching bag.

"You need to position yourself better, you're taking to much of the punch in your joints.." He grumbled. As you started hitting he tapped your elbow or hip, gently, to move you into a better position.

"So this is supposed to make me better?" You asked, not seeing much of a difference. He sighed and grabbed your hips, turning them as he frowned.

"Yes. Although you could just be awful at fighting." Eric said which made you sigh as you started hitting harder.

"I'm trying as hard as I can!" You snapped, turning to glare at him. He stepped closer to you, backing you up until you hit a wall.

"That's the problem. You're trying your best and barely staying in the running. The people you're neck and neck with are coasting. When they start pushing the effort you're gone." Eric pointed out.

You didn't say anything as you looked up at him. He'd leant in while hissing out his irritation. He glared down at you before grabbing the back of your neck and kissing you. Shock flew through your body, freezing you on the spot.

He hooked a hand around your leg and before you could stop yourself you were wrapped around his waist, kissing him back. You hated Eric. But his hands pulling off your shirt made it seem like you were in control. He wanted you after all.