Daughter Of Mine (Part One)

The first part of your plan had been easy, sneak out, find somewhere you could hide which would most probably be in a friendly Stiff's back room. It was staying hidden that was the hard part. But after three years you thought perhaps no one would notice you, that you'd be able to blend in with the Stiff's long enough for your daughter to take the test and join Erudite.

Unfortunately, you'd let yourself become convinced that Eric wasn't as bad as you remembered and that he'd leave well enough alone. You made one mistake and took a wrong turn with your daughter and one of the initiates Eric had trained the year before you left spotted you, seeing straight through your clothes and disguise.

You weren't sure what reason Eric had given before he started booting down doors, you doubted he'd even bothered to tell anyone what he was doing before he started, you just hoped the people who had helped you were ok.

"Mommy, where we going?" You daughter asked shyly from her spot on your bed.

"For a walk sweetheart, but you need to find the bag I put under your bed, the one for emergencies?" You watched as she nodded and carefully climbed down, shuffling to her little bed to retrieve the bag.

"I gotted it." She smiled and you kissed the top of her head, making sure that you could pass as Abnegation if the person that spotted you didn't know who you were.

"Ok sweetie, if anyone asks, you are going to visit your Grandma in Amity." You told her and she repeated it slowly. "Good girl, you know where you go after that right?"

"The head of Erudite, I have to say I am lost and that I live there." She mumbled the words you'd drilled into her since she could talk and you nodded, grabbing the bags as she slipped her shoes on and ran out into the busy streets.

The two of you hurried along, trying to look like you were just part of the panicking crowd, rather than someone with a place to go. You almost clouded with a group of people and ducked your head to look at your daughter when you realised you knew some of them.

You'd almost made it out of Abnegation when the click of a gun made you freeze. You were surrounded by at least five armed Dauntless solders and more were milling around, moving the worried people to different places.

"Eric's going to want to see you (Y/N)." One of them spat and you sighed, glancing at your daughter who tried to run but shrank back to your side when someone grabbed at you.

You glanced around and spotted a nice-looking initiate who rolled an apple over to your daughter, you smiled when she shot you an apologetic look and you realised you knew her from Abnegation. Before you could talk to her Eric stormed over and you shooed your daughter out of his sight.

"Well, looks like I found you." He drawled and you let out a shaky breath.

"Looks like." You muttered and he began to pace short strides in front of you.

"Why'd you leave (Y/N)?" He asked eventually and you frowned as you tried to avoid giving him a straight answer.

"Why'd you attack Abnegation?" You asked eventually and he shrugged.

"Because we spotted you, someone who chose to make herself factionless, dressed in abnegation clothing which meant we could move in to find you under the premises that someone was letting Factionless stay in Abnegation." He crossed his arms over his chest, watching your hands vanish behind your back as you tried to keep your daughter hidden from him.

"But unofficially you got mad that I left and broke into my new home?" You asked and cocked your head which made him laugh.

"Something like that I guess... Max is furious with you and wanted you to have a severe punishment." He paused and you felt you daughter's hands tighten in your dress. "I pointed out that you're on of our best and that you must have a serious reason for betraying your faction."

"So, what's my punishment?" You asked quickly, hoping he'd head off somewhere else so you could sneak away again.

"We haven't decided, Max, Tori and I will be meeting in a few minutes and you'll tell us why you left." His eyes fixed on yours and you realised he'd found a way to get the answers he wanted from you before he'd even given you a chance to refuse.

"Fine but I want Tori to escort me." You snapped and he shook his head.

"Not happening, we're going now." He jabbed a finger in the direction of Max's office and you swore under your breath when you realised you'd have to reveal your daughter.

You gently beckoned her out and her terrified eyes wondered over the fighting pit and the general busyness of the faction. Eventually her gaze fell on the looming man in front of you, picking up from your body language that while he might not hurt either of you, he was certainly not to be trifled with.

"Mommy I want home." She whispered as she watched Eric carefully and you nodded.

"I know sweetheart but we have to talk to Max first, you know the one I told you about?" You asked and she nodded, letting you pick her up as Eric led you to meet Max with a stunned silence.