Protection

Eric groaned as he heard the noise. Everyone was supposed to be moving right along to the cafeteria to eat and he was on duty to make sure everyone went on their way. He'd been switching shifts for a while and didn't really have an excuse to get out of it this time.

"I thought no one was supposed to be down here?" Four said as he looked out of the gym.

"No, they're not. But I'm on it." Eric grumbled as he made his way down the corridor. Four followed him, of course.

When they reached the end of the corridor they saw you being harassed by some of the initiates. You weren't new yourself but Eric had always wondered if your shy attitude had been his work during your initiation, he was surprised you'd made it all the way through. You worked hard though. They both stopped when your fist swung out in one sharp hit and the guy collapsed and groaned on the floor. Eric chuckled. He'd forgotten just why you passed all his tests.

"Hey! What's going on here!" Eric snapped.

"She attacked me!" The guy groaned. Eric scoffed and looked down at him.

"I wasn't talking to you."

"I was just defending myself." You muttered without looking up at Eric.

"Well we'll have to get you off to a nurse."

Eric's hand rested on your back as he lead you towards the health bay while Four dealt with the whining man on the floor.

*********************************************************

"You're hovering." Four observed as Eric lurked around the loading bay for Dauntless' food stock.

"I'm not." Eric grunted as he looked around.

"You keep arguing with the other leaders about how (Y/N)'s being treated. You're hovering." Four said.

They both fell silent as they watched you work. Eric seemed to relax, satisfied you were fine until the boy from earlier bounded into work.

The leader that was keeping you all in check, turned to scold him for being an hour late. Eric glared at him from where he stood, lurking at the border of the loading bay. It didn't take long for the newcomers attention to be drawn to you.

Before things could get to confrontational Eric strode across the car parks, ignoring Four's objections and landed a solid punch in the guys gut. "You really need to learn how to back off." Eric snapped as he glared down at the crumpled guy on the ground.