The Initiate

"Alright what the hell's this?" Eric snapped as he came to a sop next to Four.

"She said we were pushing the little one to hard so she's decided to give him some one on one lessons." Four muttered as you started a new activity with the initiate that you'd picked out.

"Tell her she can't train the initiates." Eric glanced over his shoulder at Four when he snorted out a laugh.

"Last time I said she couldn't do something she kicked my ass." He waved at you when you glanced over and glared at them before continuing to help the struggling boy in front of you.

"I slept on the sofa last night, headbutted a guy that bought her a drink." Eric crossed his arms and winked at you when you glanced his way.

"So, we push him so hard he drops out?" Four offered.

"Yeah, keep an eye on that will you I have to see Max." Eric reluctantly walked off, being sure to glare at the boy you were working with as he passed.

"Hurry up!" Four shouted and you stopped what you were doing, arching an eyebrow as you spotted Four pointing for your Initiate to hurry to the front when he was clearly doing fine in the middle.

"(Y/N) back to work." Eric called and you waved at your insatiate as he passed.

"Don't think I won't kick your ass for getting Four on your side." You huffed and he rolled his eyes.

"You can try sweetheart but you won't catch me by surprise this time." Eric glared at the boy who'd stopped as if he was going to talk to you but Four clapped loudly behind him, making him jump and hurry off.

"You know what, you can finish here, I'm going to find Tori and tell her what an asshole you are." You huffed and growled when he chuckled at you.

"Don't pretend you don't like my ass." He called and you swore at him as you headed inside.

"So, Four agreed?" Tori asked as she prepped the little tattoo design you'd come up with and started setting up.

"I don't know, they act like they hate each other but sometimes I think Eric..." You trailed of and she nodded.

"Brings out the bad competitiveness in Four, just be thankful Eric hasn't gone for the kid, the guy he headbutted at the bar went to Erudite and Max isn't sure when he'll be able to come back." Tori clicked her tongue in irritation as the machine took while to render the new design and lent on the seat next to you.

"Maybe I should stop helping him, I'm not really supposed to." You sighed and she shook her head.

"Eric is just mad because you're training up another man, honestly the man's convinced you only like him because he's one of the best Dauntless has and if you keep training the kid he'll be as good as you." She smiled when you rolled your eyes at the thought.

"I'm guessing Four doesn't want me stealing his job, I just felt sorry for the kid he got beat up by a Stiff." You chuckled and she laughed.

"Gotta love a Stiff with fight, you know what you should do, ignore Eric and he'll get all worked up which will start a fight with Four and they'll be too busy to notice you training anybody." Tori winked as she wiped down your arm and let you get up.

"I'll think of something, thanks Tori." You waved her off and she nodded.

"It's fine, oh do you mind covering for me tomorrow, Max wants to talk about next year's Aptitude tests." She muttered and you nodded.

"Ok, as long as you tell you don't know where I am if he asks, he deserves to be wound up for a while, oh and book Eric in for the late shift I told him I'd do his new tattoos." You mumbled as you hugged her and she went with you to get the next group of people.

"Sure, thing and I'll remind him how lucky an ass like Eric is to have you." She winked as you left and headed to get some food and see where Eric had gone.