Comfort

It wasn't like you weren't tough. You were Dauntless. But the factionless had caught you by surprise and the attack had left you winded and concussed. You weren't sure how you got to the medics but when you were finally able to sit up and think over what happened you burst into tears.

A low chuckle made you quickly wipe your eyes as Eric stepped into view. "You got took out by one factionless... one?" He asked in a tone that told you he was both irritated and amused at your situation.

"What do you want?" You spat out and tried to glower at him but flinched and cupped the back of your head.

"Max sent me to check on you and take you to your place." He muttered casually, glancing over when the medical staff came in.

There was a sudden blur of activity around you, check ups and some pills and cream which were given to Eric when they said he could take you.

You tried not to complain about the dizzy feeling or the fact that you felt like the world was spinning the wrong way. Eric was already in a mood and you weren't up for his teasing.

You hadn't realised Eric had seen you misstep a few times and stumble. Eric had always been convinced you could walk a line of thread if he asked you to so the sight of you struggling to walk made him rethink the thoughts tumbling about his head.

"We have to stop on the way so I can report to Max." He explained and slid his hand to your back when you walked over the cavern bridge so you didn't stumble off the edge. As soon as he realised the lighting and the crowds that filled the pits was disorienting you he pulled you closer and slide his hand to your waist while guiding you to where Max was.

He returned a few minutes later and led you to your rooms. "You should lay down." He mumbled and shooed you into your bedroom.

As soon as you hit the familiar comfort of your bed your body relaxed, growing heavy as you almost forgot Eric was even there. Eric moved to gently take your shoes off and if your body hadn't ached you would have laughed that the man who'd broken two of your ribs while an initiate was being gentle.

"I thought if I left them alone they'd be ok... it's so cold in the evening it didn't seem right to move them on." You whispered and he stopped mid way to dumping your shoes next to your bathroom door.

"They took you by surprise." He muttered and glance at his feet when you stayed silent.

"I'm supposed to be prepared!" You groaned out and sighed as he tugged your duvet over you.

"They were twice your size,determined to attack you and they'd waited until you were separate from us, it wasn't your fault." He rolled his eyes when you glared at him.

"Is that what you told Max?" You asked with suspicion as he headed to your bedroom door.

"Yes, I also told him that one of our best can't walk a straight line or take two steps without nearly fainting. It's why you've been taken off patrols." He didn't look directly at you and an odd look spread over his face as he stood to leave. "If you need anything i'll have some people check on you... Don't worry about food i'll bring it up for you."