The Stiff

"Eric we got a Stiff causing problems down there." A dauntless soldier hurried up to Eric who sighed and followed him down the street and around the corner where you were scaling a building.

"You lot clear out." Eric bellowed at the group of factionless children who were watching you.

"Hey, leave them alone!" You yelled and stopped on a ledge so you could glare down at Eric.

Eric had to admit he was impressed. For a Stiff you had a fiery temper and had managed to already scale at least seven feet of flat brick wall and were now climbing to the window ledges. When Eric attempted to make the children leave you threw something down at him, or at least, pretended to accidently kick it at him.

"Watch them and her." Eric grunted and headed into the abandoned building so he could get to the roof first.

He jumped up a set of broken stairs, steadying himself and continuing up to the top floor of the tall building and burst through the door just as you were steadying yourself on the edge of the rooftop. He watched as you carefully stood and hopped onto the roof, hurried to the ball and dropped it off the side.

"You're welcome." You yelled down and waved when the children hurried off.

"Hey!" Eric growled out when you went to climb back down.

"I got up here myself I don't need your help." You sighed and squared up to him.

Eric wanted to laugh, you barely reached his chin and you jaw was set stubbornly, glaring up at him as if he were someone you could easily pick a fight with. He pointed to the door he'd come through with an equally withering gaze and was fully prepared to carry you out if he had to.

"Fine, we'll take the easy way down." You snapped and barged into him as you headed down into the building.

He shook his head with a quiet chuckle and tailed you as you made your way through the building. He quickly decided he was going to find out who you were once his patrol was over.