Chapter 34: These Wounded Souls

Anger was flowing in Cedric's veins. Pakiramdam niya ay mababaliw na siya.

All his life, he believed that he was the chosen Kataha. He was treated like a king. He was fed with knowledge that gave him hunger for blood, for death, and for power, even at a young age. He lived for the promise that he will be the key to end the existence of Ahrens and rule this world.

Ngunit ngayon, kahit hindi direktang sabihin sa kanya, alam niya na unti-unti na siyang pinagdududahan ng mga nakatatanda niyang kasamahan. Because of it, he also started doubting himself.

All the signs of being the chosen Kataha were leading away from him one by one.

At malakas ang hinala niya na papunta ang mga iyon sa babaeng natutulog sa harapan niya - ang kanyang pinsan.

Ikaw?! Ikaw ang sugo Katherina?! You are a nobody! You don't deserve it!

"Ako lang ang nag-iisang sugong Kataha!" He jumped over Katherina, ready to kill her in her sleep.

Ngunit bago pa siya tuluyang makalapit sa dalaga, tila tumigil ang oras at isang pigura ng hindi niya kilalang babae ang lumitaw sa kanyang harapan. Hindi niya gaanong maaninag ang mukha nito dahil nababalot ito ng puting liwanag.

"Cedric, tama na. Huminahon ka, mahal ko." Ika ng babae. Malungkot ang boses nito.

Cedric did not expect what happened next.

The woman hugged her tightly.

In an instant, all the anger and coldness he was feeling faded away and warmth engulfed his whole being.

The demon in him tried to get away from the woman hugging him.

Only then did he saw her gentle face. It was so familiar even though he's sure that he never saw her before.

And for the first time in his life, he felt LONGING.

The next thing he knew, he returned to his human form. He found himself still standing at the foot of his cousin's bed.

Suddenly, the woman was gone and Katherina was still sleeping like a baby.

Parang binuhusan ng malamig na tubig ang binata.

What the hell was that? Nalilitong tanong niya sa sarili.

He looked at Katherina again. Ang kanina lamang na determinasyon niya na wakasan ang buhay nito ay nawala.

"Damn it!" He walked away from the room, confused with what just happened.

He was walking in the dark hallway of the house when he thought of entering Clara's office.

This might give me more clues about your whereabouts, Tita. Ika nito sa sarili.

He started rummaging through the cabinets, drawers, and shelves inside but all he saw were files related to Clara's restaurant business. Iritang irita ang binata.

He went out of Clara's office at dumiretso sa kwarto nito.

Again, he saw nothing.

Ang galing mong magtago, Tita Clara.

He was about to give up when something caught his eye.

It was a wedding picture of an unknown couple.