Epilogue

"A long, long time ago, humans with angel blood and humans with demon blood existed in this world. They were called Ahrens and Katahas." An old museum guide said to his attentive audience composed of tourists of all ages. He was showing them a painting, which looked like it was almost a hundred years old, of two people embraced in each other's arms but seemed to be dragged apart by outside forces. "The Ahrens and Katahas were two warring parties, each led by Chosen Ones who were both the most powerful in their kind."

Dawn listened to the old man as she admired how passionate he was in telling the legend. She knew it was just a made-up story, but the way the old man told it made it sound like it truly happened in real life.

"One day, the Chosen Ahren and the Chosen Kataha crossed paths. Both of them did not know then that they were the ones meant to fight each other in the end, and unfortunate as it may sound, they fell deeply in love with each other." The old man continued. "Their love, people may say, was doomed, was cruel - but on the contrary, their love was so pure and beautiful that it gave the world a new light and spark of hope. They sacrificed being together in order to save this world from utmost danger."

"Ano pong nangyari sa kanila? Did a war ever took place?" A little boy from the audience asked. Dawn smiled at the child's curiosity and found it cute. She realized that he was also intrigued by the old man's storytelling skills.

"Oh yes, indeed. The war was bloody and terrifying!" The old museum guide lifted his arms as he spoke. He was in every way animated as he continued the story. "The Chosen Kataha decided to have the Chosen Ahren end her life, so that she and her fellow demons would vanish from this world. It was an extremely difficult choice for the Chosen Ahren to make, but her bravery and love for him kept him strong. She left him with her unconditional love; he loved her until his very last breath."

The tour around the museum proceeded, but Dawn felt as if her feet were glued to the space facing the painting of the Chosen Ahren and Chosen Kataha.

She did not realize that a few minutes had already passed since she stared at the painting.

"Maayong aga, Miss...?" The old museum guide greeted her, which made her snap back to reality.

"Dawn po." She smiled at the old man.

"Hello, Dawn. Do you have any more questions about this artwork?" He asked warmly.

"Uhm." She swallowed hard, a little embarrassed from her temporary drift from reality. "Who is the artist of this painting? It's so beautiful." She asked.

"Unfortunately, nothing was recorded about its artist. We only know his or her initials based from the signature below. K.H." The man admitted. "But we are planning to do some research to know all that we can about it. This piece is so wonderful and it's such a delight to have this in this museum."