one

"Crap, the train just left the station!"

"Keep running, we can still catch it through the highroad."

I ran down a narrow alley and climbed the pipes that led to the rooftop. "Sensei's gonna kill us if we're late for the orientation!"

"We'll just sneak in halfway through the introductions."

Kenji and I kept running and jumping from roof to roof as we closed in on the bullet train after chasing it down.

"On three!" I shouted over the wind. "Three!"

We both jumped at the same time and landed on the train roof with ease.

"What the hell happened to one and two?!"

I shrugged. "Beats me."

"No offense but one of these days I'll lay dead in a ditch because of you!" Kenji ranted. "Also, one and two can save a life y'know- mine in particular!"

I smirked at the thought of it. "Like I'd let you die. Besides, where's the thrill in that?"

He sighed. "Honestly, I question our friendship everyday."

"Nah, you love me! We thrill-seeking freaks gotta stick together, yeah?"

Smiling, he nodded.

~

It was easier to hop off the train than getting on it.

We stuck the landing and started running towards the school gates.

Kenji looked down on his wristwatch as if that would help us in our already shitty situation. "The orientation's halfway done, what's the plan?"

"The usual." I stopped at a corner where a ventilation cover sat on the ceiling.

"Come on, I'll give you a boost." He placed his hands in front of him as I used my quirk telekinesis to remove the cover without making any noise.

After Kenji boosted me up the vent tunnel, I reached for his hand and pulled him up.

We crawled our way to the auditorium where we could almost hear Present Mic's ridiculously loud and obnoxious voice booming throughout the place.

"I can't believe you set up seven different alarms yet you still woke up late!"

"Look who's talking Mr. wake-me-up-because-I'm-too-lazy-to-get-up-on-my-own! Well guess what, so am I!"

"We geniuses think the same."

"Yeah, we both excel tremendously in procrastinating."

Present Mic was in the middle of talking when the vent tunnel gave way and left us falling from the ceiling.

I was able to draw out my quirk in the nick of time and reduced the pain of the impact when we hit the ground.

"Hey, hey, hey! Looks like our crazy duo has entered the building! Sophomores from the heroics course, meet the troublemakers of support dept, Ayaka Blake and Kenji Mo!" Present Mic addressed us. "Make sure to mingle well with them, word around the faculty that these two are the back bone of their promising batch."

Mingle? What the heck is he talking about?

I turned to Kenji but he shrugged in response, equally clueless as I am.

"Oh and one more thing listeners! Only the support course freshmen can choose the heroics dept sophomore that they want to pair up with, better make a good impression if you want the best of the best working for you. So head down to the costume exhibit, freshmen! That would be all, good day listeners!"