sixteen

"No."

Izuku blinked. "No?"

"I mean, sure Katsuki may be an asshole, but that doesn't mean I have to stay away from him. He's still my friend."

"Ayaka, no friend would do that to you." He pointed at the mark Katsuki made on my skin.

It didn't take me long to realize how accurate Izuku's judgement is.

He's not someone I should take lightly.

I shook my head, not letting my lie slide that easy. "Don't you think you're jumping to conclusions way too soon?"

"I'm not." He sighed, running a hand down his hair. "Because.. Uraraka had the same mark before."

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, trying to keep my temper down or I might just blow a fuse from hearing that name one too many times in one day.

"Its Kacchan's possessiveness acting up, I know that painfully well."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Look I know it sounds crazy but I need you to do as I say. I don't know how long he plans to keep acting like an ass but its better if you steer clear from him."

I grit my teeth. "Why? He's done nothing wrong."

Even if he did leave a mark, he said it was just a joke. Though not the funny kind.

Izuku looked over his shoulder as if he's hiding something. "I'm in no position to tell you otherwise, but as a friend I'm willing to risk having you hate me for the rest of our lives if it means your safety."

"I could never hate you Izuku- except for the time when I did but that was different. Now you're just asking me to do something I don't want to. Besides we're partners in our project, its impossible for me to stay away."

"I know.. all I ask is that you try. I don't want him to hurt you too."

"Too?" I blinked. "Izuku, what are you not telling me?"

His eyes widened for a second. "I-I'm sorry Ayaka, but its better if you don't know. Kirishima said so himself- I-I mean.."

Kirishima? What does he have to do with this?

I wanted to ask him but then my phone rang inside my pocket, making me jump in surprise. "One sec." I took it up and walked into the kitchen before answering. "What now?"

"I take it your date didn't go so well."

"F-Father! I-I am so sorry. I didn't know it was you."

"Its fine. I only called to check in on you, I just can't help but be concerned when I see a boy inside my daughter's house."

I looked over my shoulder to see a man standing outside the street with a phone to his ear.

"Is he your boyfriend-"

"Izuku's my tutor. He's, ugh, training me for the sports festival."

Yeah, let's go with that.

"This timid looking boy is your trainer? Since when?"

"Starting tomorrow. He made it to the top 8 last year, so I thought why not?"

Father put a hand up to his temple and sighed. "Its amusing how you remind me so much of Serebryakov, always doubting herself despite her power." His tone quickly changed at the mention of her name.

I can't imagine how painful it must be to lose her.

Serebryakov Deveraux, Father's only beloved. She's also Kenji's mom, and he told me how much she loved her family, to a point where she gave her own life just to keep them safe.