thirty

Illusions. That's all there is to her. Nothing I've never seen before- hell, my own father has the same quirk.

Still, I can't let myself feel like I have an edge here.

From what little info I could dig up since this morning, Camie is a third year in Shiketsu High, the only school to rival UA on a national level. If it's true that she made it through the remedial for the provisional license exam the same way that both Katsuki and Todoroki did, then it wouldn't be smart to lower my guard around her.

I had a nagging feeling at the back of my head now that I'm facing her, but I knew better than to let it get the best of me.

"You seriously need a hobby, girl." She kicked over a syringe lying around in the dome with a disgusted look on her face. "'Cause this place is, like, super nasty. I swear I felt my cancer cells waking up the second I walked right through the door."

"Yeah well if this were a place for everyone, then every single prick like you would be down here saying the same damn thing."

"No wonder you fit in so well down here then."

The crowd let out howls and whistles for her retort.

I raised my chin and smiled. "Camie, was it? Listen sweetheart, I'm gonna be honest with you since you're way older than me and I've been taught how to respect the elderly."

She crossed her arms over her chest and raised a brow at me. "Go on."

"I don't like you, not a single bit. And it was a dick-move for you to suddenly ask Katsuki to have lunch with you while we were on a date."

"Is that why you're here? You're down here in this godforsaken den just because you're jealous? Wow, you really are shallow."

I clenched my fist and made the the whole place shake. "Like you would know."

"You know, there's a thing we civilized folks call 'talking things over'. Ever heard of it?"

"Enlighten me then." I jumped up and the second my feet hit the ground, spikes started sprouting out of the cement until it reached her.

Blondie quickly dodged by hanging onto the metal rods above us and used it to swing herself in my direction.

On instinct, I moved my feet- but for some reason they wouldn't move.

When I looked down, I saw the shackles clamped around my ankles to keep me in place.

Before I could even do anything about it, Camie swung her leg across my face and knocked me down.

"First off, it's all about communication. You gotta listen if you wanna be listened to. It's that simple."

Her illusions.. they're nothing like father's at all. It felt so real just a second ago, and maybe that's her real power.

At the corner of my eye, the clump of shackles tarnished like evaporating liquid.

So that means she can only hold her glamour for a short period of time.

That's how I'm gonna win this.

I felt something hot fall on my shoulder and saw a used cigarette with the tip still lit.

"Come on, Ayaka. This is, like, really stupid. So let's just give this up and leave." She walked over to me and drew her hand down. "I don't wanna hurt you."

With the residue in my palm, I closed my hand into a fist and then lashed a fiery whip in her direction. "That makes one of us."

Camie cried out from the scorching pain as she withdrew with her arms up to protect her.