Crazy Competition CHAPTER SEVEN

Madeline's POV
We walk into the dressing and Mrs Dia tells us we should be on our best behaviour.First is the group then the solos.
Our costumes were pink sparkly bikini tops with pink glittery skirt. Then Mom does my makeup .
"Girls come here!"Ms Dia yells.We all gather round.
"Make sure you give it your all.Let's go"
I really hope we win so we will make Mrs Dianna proud.

"Act number 23 Bring It On." The announcer states.
I walk on stage and smile.
                                      ***
I pose after nailing my turn sequence and Mrs Dia is clapping with her hand over her head . That's a good sign.Yay!!
I walk off stage confidently.
Now it's time for the solos so I hope it goes well for Natalie or Mrs Dia will explode.

Natalie's POV
"You'll do great Natalie just focus and have fun."Mom continuosly says as I walk around the room, anxiously.
She gives me a kiss on the cheek before Skylar, Maisey and I head backstage.I'm so nervous!
First is Skylar.

"Act number 72 Skylar Ties that bind."
Skylar dances well and is obviously improving on her musicality. She comes off and I hug her.
The second person amongst us to go is Maisey.

"Act number 76 Maisey, We hit it harder"
Maisey does amazing like a firecracker on stage.She walks off stage out of breath then I give her a hug.
                                 ***
"This is Act number 82 Natalie Rock it."
I walk on stage and the music starts playing and I go through half way.

Battement pirrouette jump...

I freeze on stage and I look at Mrs Dia's eyes and I can see the anger in her eyes.
So I jump kick then do a round off backhandspring. Then walk off stage. I start sobbing. No one could stop me crying not even Madeline,who comes to give me a hug. I was so upset with myself.
I walk back to the dressing room remembering what Mrs Dia told me on Wednesday and I wish I hadn't forgotten it. Ugh why?!?!?

When I get to the dressing I hug my mum .

"It's okay baby, maybe next time ." Mum says rubbing my back as I cry softly into her shirt.

Then I go to the right side of the room and start my pushups . After then Mrs Dia comes in .

" It's good you know Natalie, it's good you know, just so you know I'm very disappointed, you couldn't remember choreography that I taught on Wednesday!"Mrs Dianna says in sutle manner.

The words sooth into my head and I start to cry uncontrollably.I didn't even hear what she was saying to Skylar nor Maisey .
When I was done I sat silently in the corner crying to myself .
I let everyone down especially Mrs Dianna.Now she is mad at me .
Then I start to feel hands on my shoulders. I look over to see Madeline ,Maisey, Nadia and Skylar.They hug me and try to comfort me .
Ten minutes later, We go for awards.I sit down next to Madeline who is still holding my hand .
"First overall in the Junior group goes to Dianna Lee dance Company with Bring It On!" The anouncer says excitedly.
We get up happily and receive our medals while Mrs  Dianna takes pictures on her phone.

"To the Mini solo category, fifth place goes to"The announcers says with suspense.

"Act Number 82 Natalie Rock It."
I get up and collect the award.
                                     ***
"First place in the mini solo category goes to Act Number 76 Maisey, We Hit It Harder " The announcer shouts .

Maisey jumps up and gets her award .

"Which studio are you from?" The announcer says .

"Dianna Lee Dance Company"
Maisey screams out while Mrs Dia smiles.
                                   ***
"Now to the junior solo first place goes to Act Number 72 Skylar with Ties That Bind." Skylar gets her award .

"What studio are you from ?" The announcer asks.

"Dianna Lee Dance Company!
Skylar says happily as we all applaud.
                                 ***
I go to the dressing room and sit on the chair disappointed. Then Mum drags me behind the curtains of the dressing room.

"Don't worry, don't be too hard on yourself it's part of a dancers life, it even happened to me when I was a little girl. I remember it was um... um... yes  "In My Heart" and it took weeks before I was mentally ready for a solo.But I know when you get another opportunity to do a solo, you'll do it.When we get home, I'll make you your favourite meal Mac and Cheese."Mum says trying to cheer me up.

I smile at this and hug my mum.

"So what are you waiting for, let's go!!" Mum says.

Best Mum Ever.

Word Count:790 words