Sloppy mess CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Today, Mom and I had to wake up really early because Mom had something to do at the studio.Well alot of things and I still had to do homeschool before we left .

Currently, I am stretching in Studio A but I am really tired because last night I kind of stayed up late because I didnt know we'd have to leave to go to the studio early. Although, I'm not allowed to do that on a "school" night so don't tell my mum!

I am stretching in my middle split just sitting there on the maaaaatt Zzzz.

"Liv liv liv!" I hear as I wake up to the girls laughing and recording me. I feel something wet on me

"Whattt!"I say still tired as I come out of my splits as all the girls continue to laugh.

"We thought you'd want some water from all that stretching! " Madeline pipes up sarcastically as I roll my eyes.

"Ugh now I need to change!" I scream laughing before I chase all of them to the den.

We run to the den then I collapse on the floor.

"I would kill you guys but I slept at 12:30 and I had to wake up at five am to do homeschool so I have been in the studio for the past two hours while you guys woke up at maybe 7 or 8 and are here at 1 while I've been here since 11 "I say still very tired .

"Sorry Miss whinny paws"Natalie says pulling a face at me.

"Well I'm going to bed" I announce closing my eyes smiling.

Suddenly, this loud familiar voice erupts from studio A.

"Olivia come in for your solo!" Mom yells from the other room.

I groan getting up from the floor as the others burst out laughing while I frantically look for a leotard in my dance bag. Eventually, I find a purple leo then I change into it and walk into studio A to see mum looking impatient.

"What took you so long?"she says definitely pissed.

Someone probably annoyed her. Okay I need to be as well behaved as possible😂.

"Anyway let's go start at centre of the room kneeling down" Mom says as I walk to the centre and kneel down.

Oh gosh I'm so tired. I probably shouldn't have stayed up last night. Note to self: never do that again.

The practice so far is going okay I guess but it lacks energy, it's sloppy and I'm not really picking up the choreo fast enough cos I'm so tired and I think mom is noticing that too.

"Stop stop! Why are you so sloppy?!, what is wrong with you today?!?" Mom screams angrily after I just fell out of my second turn sequence.

I hate it when she yells at me! It just stresses me out.

Mum takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself before saying "Right, I want you to start from the beginning but notice that we only done about 40 seconds" hinting to me at how horrible the rehearsal is going. I nod sighing before going to my starting position.

I start the dance but subconsciously because I'm so tired, I mark one of my jumps.Just as I think I'm about to get away with it, Mom stops the music.

"Did you really just mark that jump?" Mom asks annoyed as I stand there inwardly panicking.

"20 pushups go!"Mom yells as I bend down to start them.

"You come in here late, you've not even learnt half the number, falling out of everything and now you're marking it, really?!?"Mom yells frustratedly.

When I finish, I stand up and I feel all the moms watching.

Oh no!

"I'm sorry" I say morosely as I wipe the tiny tears I'm trying to keep in with my dance top.
I can't cry now!

"Okay, I want to see a scorpion, needle hit down roll up then a battement " Mom instructs.

I do the scorpion but I pop out of the needle.

"Again again, come on!"Mom yells .

Mom makes me do it over and over again but none are a success.

"What is this, I ask you to do a simple skill that Natalie is hitting and you're screwing it all up, again!"Mom yells my tears are about to burst out but I cover them by rubbing my eyes, by now I'm sure all the moms are watching.

I do it but once again it isn't successful.

"We're done, leave now, call Nadia in, I can see you aren't ready to work, maybe Kylie should have done it instead"Mom yells as I burst out crying leaving the room.

Aunt Maddie comes and carries me around her waist as I cry onto her shoulders stroking her hair. After that, Aunt Maddie calls Nadia for her solo who walks out and mouths sorry to me before entering studio A then she takes me upstairs as I cry into her shirt whilst she rubs my back in circles.

She is like a second mom to me.

"It's okay baba" She soothes wiping my tears as I continue to cry.

As I begin to calm down, I turn my attention to Nadia learning her solo as Mom smiles at Nadia's dancing then looks up at me and shakes her head then continues choreographing Nadia's solo.

I fall asleep on her shoulder before I am woken by Madeline.

I was literally having the best dream ever. No fair!!

"Mama D wants us for the duet." I grin at the nickname while looking down at studio A to see Mimi about to leave.

I hug Aunt Maddie or should I say Mama M 🤔, before walking down the stairs.

"Go get em Olivia!!" The moms call after me.

I walk into the room and see Mom looking at her phone before noticing we are in the room.

"Olivia, you need to grow thicker skin because your competitors probably don't take you seriously after that little scene you put on over there, if you do not grow up and finish this dance like Nadia and Mimi have, your competitors will eat you alive"She says calmly as I nod.

We get on with the choreo I like it. Mom is pushing us cos she wants us to do our best and I'm getting the steps.

"Okay we are finished, Olivia I would like to talk to you."Mom says as Madeline exits and I walk closer to her.

She pulls me on her lap and I hug her as I couldn't stay mad at my Mom for long .She hugs me back kissing my forehead.

"I love you Livy, but what I don't love is to see such a wonderful dancer dance the way you danced earlier today like you didn't care to try and that's why I yelled at you" She says stroking my hair.

"Its ok Mom I will always try my best when I dance I was just very tired becau-"I say trailing off so she won't know I stayed up late watching Tv.

"Because what?" Mom pressures as I look around.

"Do not lie to me."Mom sternly says.

"Okay okay I kind of stayed up late watching Tv but please don't be mad"I say giving in.

"I'm not mad because you already paid the consequences through the tears and you cuddling up to Maddie "Mom says laughing.

"Stop Mom!" I say blushing.

"I still do not know why kids cry when they get corrected. I'm like ugh shouldn't you want to be corrected so you get better"Mom says confused.

"Because you're scary sometimes !"I say giggling.

"No I'm not"Mom says laughing her head off.

"Okay I believe you"I sarcastically say.

"Okay call Tiffany and Skylar and go for your...is it an acro class?"Mom asks.

I nod

"Make sure you reinstate that needle, love you Liv"Mom says kissing my forehead finally letting me out of her lap.

"Love you too!" I say walking out .

(A/N:Does anyone think Olivia should be getting in trouble occasionally. Also please comment more ideas:)