nine

Sorry for the very late update. Life has been pretty hectic, and my writing block was massive. (It honestly still is)
But anyways, here. Enjoy.

«—[W]—»

I stirred awake after being shaken a little.

        The first thing my eyes landed on was the television that was turned off. Goosebumps threatened to appear when I realized I was still in between Autumn as well, with her arms wrapped around my waist. It felt completely surreal. I still could not believe I even managed to get myself into that position. Turning my head a little, my mouth made contact with her straight dark hair.

        "Don't eat my hair, princess," Autumn laughed as she moved her head away, pulling off the few strands that got caught on my mouth and positioning her snapback on properly. I reddened at her words, yet felt the need to make a comeback.

        "Don't put it near my face next time then," I quipped back, moving off of her to sit up.

        "Ooh, feisty," she snickered.

        "Is everyone asleep?" I asked, ignoring her remark. Looking over to my right, I realised the couple were not on the couch and Callus had taken over their spot. He was balled up like a foetus at the corner and it basically answered my rhetorical question.

        "The couple left," she said as she pushed off of the couch, stood up and stretched. Her shirt rode up a little and I quickly averted my gaze from her, which was quite hard since she stood right in front of me. "I should get you home too. It's past your curfew," she continued.

        Her words sunk in after a moment, and I started feeling nervous. "Are you serious?" I mumbled as I reached for my phone inside the front pocket of my hoodie. My mom clearly told me not to stay out too late since I had school the next day. Checking the time, I flashed Autumn a disappointed face.

        "Just kidding, princess," she said just as I rolled my eyes at her.

        "Not funny. I was scared for a second there," I said as I stood up after pocketing my phone.

        "I know," she winked. She then turned away from me and picked up the blanket that Callus used for his failed attempt of a fort. She threw it over him and made sure that everything from the shoulder down were covered. I smiled at the cute gesture.

        "What?" Autumn asked when I started giggling.

        "Nothing," I said as I moved towards the doorway. She was being adorable and I was sure she did not have to hear it coming from my mouth. Fortunately, she let the subject pass. We left her house and entered Callus' car. My phone buzzed just as I clicked my seatbelt on.

Amanda     now
        Party's on Friday. My house.

        "Why the frown?" I heard Autumn say as she started the car.

        "I got invited to a party on Friday," I breathed out, leaning back into the seat.

        "Not a party person?" She asked.

        "It's not that, I just..." I trailed off. I was seriously not sure whether I should even be talking to her about my personal problems. At the same time, I felt completely comfortable with her, even sleeping in her arms during a scary movie. That was quite a feat since I am usually not one for physical contact.

        Autumn hummed and pulled away from her parking spot in the street. I sighed. It felt like she was waiting for me to continue, or was implying that I did not have to tell her anything I did not want to. I never found out.