thirty one

THAT took a hell of a lot of control.

        Whatever Autumn said did seem genuine, but then again, she was drunk as hell. She probably did not even know what she was thinking or saying. What was that about dropping everything and just going back to how we were? People may forgive, but they never forget.

        Emotions could have just been intense. I did screen her after all.

        People also said that drunk thoughts are sober thoughts... But, are they really? If she did not have the balls to tell me all that while she was sober, why trust her words? It had me fueled, ignited. I was already upset with Amanda who just happened to be in the same vicinity, then she had to come and do that to me.

        She just had to remind me that she led me on for the past three months, only to drop my heart as fast as she got it.

        Was it my fault, though? Was I not reacting properly to her advances? Was I only imagining every single move that she made, no matter how tiny, like holding me in ways friends never would? Was it my fault to have fallen in love with her?

        "Are you okay?" Mandy spoke from behind me after I closed the door on Autumn. For a split second, I also felt her hand on my lower back. I shook her off instantly and glared straight into her eyes.

        "I'm fine, just leave me alone," I said before heading back towards the kitchen. She seemed taken aback, but she should have already known that I was still upset with her. I missed school for the rest of the week to avoid her.

        I could not believe she was invited over by my mother.

        Then again, I did not tell my mom what happened with Amanda, and especially not about Autumn either. If she had invited both of them over for dinner... Well, let's just say, good luck Charlie.

        Mandy and I did have a talk the other night just because I had no one else to rant to. Just imagine having the two of your friends— well, a best friend and a newly-found friend who you were kind of falling head over heels for, and who gave you everything— disappoint you in one day. The friends you never thought would ever hurt you.

        I'm upset with you but I need to talk to someone, I texted her a few days back.

        She had responded promptly with a whole spill of how she made a mistake of lying to me about that night, and how she would like to apologize for every wrong thing she had ever done to me. I still did not believe that all we did on that night was make out. Again, why could I not remember it at all?

        I kind of just scrolled over her paragraphs of messages, though. I was not exactly in the best mood to deal with that shit.

        Apparently Autumn's already seeing someone.

        It took her a moment to respond as if she was thinking about how she should take the situation. The three dots on the screen made me incredibly anxious, yet I already knew what kind of response I was going to receive.

        I freaking knew it.

        That's Amanda for you. Shaking my head, I texted her back.

        For some reason, I thought we had something special. I guess she was just being nice. I should've know that, tbh. She was way too perfect.

        I told you to be careful, didn't I? I don't like that bitch.

        A frown crept up on me. I hated the fact that they did not like each other that much, and I was not sure how I could make both of them warm up with each other.