ten

« autumn's pov »

"I mean, seriously, would you look at him?" Callus whispered to Ellie and I as he pointed at Joel, who was leaning over a pool table alongside his own group of friends. He was a master at the arts of pool, also known as my rival.

"Callus, go hit on him man. It's time," I said with a laugh. Callus never took the initiative when it came to hitting on someone, unless I was there hitting on them for him. He punched my arm playfully.

"I really would, but I'm gonna need a wingman," he said, suggestively wagging his eyebrows at me. I denied his request and he decided to swing forward to grab my arm pleadingly. Ellie's eyes suddenly rounded and her mouth pursed tightly.

"Dude! You just spilled your drink on me!" She hissed, her threatening glare facing Callus full on. The only thing I could really do was pull a shocked face. He released my hand and stepped back from both of us.

"Oh my god, E, I'm so sorry. I'll help you get cleaned up," he said hastily, scrunching his eyebrows. He placed his drink on the bar and dragged Ellie away. I watched them, amused. Ellie ripped her arm off of him halfway to the washroom and looked like she was cursing his ass off which caused me to chuckle to myself.

Taking a swig of the can of pepsi the bartender had awkwardly given me, I averted my eyes back to Joel, distinguishing the skills we both had in common. We had only played a few games together. The amount of wins were a tie between us. I liked to think I was the better one.

        I fished my phone out of my pocket and leaned my elbows on the bar to check for any notifications. At that simple decision, my heart stopped.

        princess     4m ago
        Please comdm gfet me r
        princess     12m ago
        I think I fkcuhd up
        Riley     18m ago
        Yo dude is El with you? She hasnt replied to any of my texts.
        princess     24m ago
        Help. I drankk sseway too much

        My fingers swiped swiftly on my phone, frantically looking for Princess in my contacts while damning every person who invented the vibration setting on the phone that never worked. I called her right away. It rang several times and she never picked it up.

        "Goddamnit," I hissed under my breath. I jumped off the bar stool after placing five dollars on the counter, then proceeded to text Callus and Ellie that I'd be right back. I rushed through the lounge, out the doors and straight to my car. My car's advanced operation allowed me to unlock my car door just by slipping my hand in the handle. Simultaneously, I slammed on the brakes and turned the engine on while locking my seatbelt in.

        I recalled where she said she was. Amanda's house, about fifteen minutes away from my place. She had mentioned it was around Windsor Park High. I raced down the roads, running a couple red lights. Reaching for my phone, I called her again. No answer. I checked the time that flashed on my stereo. 12:09am. Way past her curfew.

        Turning into the street, I looked out for full street parking, drunk teenagers slipping on pavements or a house bloating with lights and bumping music. When there was none, I rounded the school and slowly rode through the area, only to be met with disappointment.

        With a grunt, I rolled my windows down and listened carefully. Then, I saw drunken teens stumbling towards cars. Solo cups were littered on the street and a single house had all their lights turned on. Muffled music came from the source.