5

Taehyung walks to the diner after class. The place is not that far away from school so he just walks while humming a soft tune.

As soon as he opens the door, Jin, his boss greeted him, "oh hello there Taehyung!"

The said boy greeted him back and went straight to his locker to put his school bag inside and takes out a plain white shirt. He got his apron out from his locker and wears it.

The diner was just a small place owned by Kim Seokjin, and also the boyfriend of his Arts teacher, Namjoon. These two are so kind and always help him, just like his Yoongi hyung. He picks up a clean rag and disinfectant and walks over to one of the tables and starts gathering the plates and cleaning the table.

After a while, Taehyung heard the door opening and was surprised to see who came in. Three guys wearing the same school uniform like his, and the brunette totally knows them, especially the one who just followed his two friends at their back. Jimin, Hoseok and Jungkook.

The two hyungs were happily chatting while the youngest just stares blankly at space. He is probably in deep thought especially there are rumors of his and Yugyeom's break up. He lowkey wishes that the rumors are true, because he had this little feeling of satisfaction when he sees Jungkook without his boyfriend.

What am I thinking about? It's not like I have a chance! He thought to himself.

Does he like him? Well he thinks of the handsome raven head before he sleeps and he feels his knees go weak when he's near him, and he may not notice it but his Yoongi hyung's ears are tired from listening to him blabber about Jungkook.

Taehyung lowered his head and just went back to wiping the table, slightly listening to their conversation. They haven't seen him yet, and he maintains a good distance from them. He's sure that they will make fun of him the moment they see him.

But maybe fate was never in Taehyung's side because the three sat at an uncleaned table and was waiting for it to be cleaned up. Taehyung has no intentions of going near them at all.

"Tae? Can you also clean the table over there? The customers are waiting." Jin called out from the cash register pointing at the table where the three friends were sitting.

Taehyung never declined any favor from his boss and he usually obeys him immediately, but not today. He scans his eyes around to find his coworker Minjae.

"Uh..I'm quite busy Jin. Can you ask Minjae instead?" Taehyung asked him, not making eye contact. He's really bad at this.

Jin raised an eyebrow. "But you're assigned in cleaning today Taehyung-ah, and Minjae is busy at the kitchen. Sungjae hasn't arrived yet, he said he'll be late today."

"Oh yeah. Haha okay. I'll do it." Then Taehyung slowly walks over to the table with dread and greeted the three.

He clears his throat which made the three people look up to him. Let's say they were quite surprised seeing Taehyung standing before them.

"H-hello there. Welcome t-to Pink diner. I'm he-here to clean y-your table. C-can you excuse me f-for a bit?" Taehyung stutters all the way, so he adjusts his eyeglasses to make it less awkward. Hoseok stifles a laugh at his stupid greeting.

"Never expected to see you here geek." Jungkook plasters again that annoying smirk everytime he talks to the nerd.

Taehyung just kept quiet and proceeded with his work. He just quickly gathered the used plates and utensils and sprayed disinfectant at the table, wiping it before he turns around and go.

But of course, everything Taehyung does when around Jungkook does not go as planned. The plates he were holding slipped from his trembling hands and it crashed down the floor. He stared in disbelief as he watch the plates break into pieces.