20

Taehyung never felt this nervous before, not even in his contests nor when he was waiting for his grade at Literature after answering a test with questions that he wasn't prepared of.

No, nothing felt like that compared to now, as he sits across the man he loves. Both looking down, one fiddles with the hem of his shirt, while the other one biting his lip.

"I have something to tell you."

Both boys look up startled as they both blurt out the sentence.

"Go on." Jungkook nods at Taehyung.

"No, you go first." The brunette muttered sheepishly.

Jungkook takes a deep breath and starts to speak. "Me and Yugyeom are okay now."

Taehyung feels his heart sink once again. His eyes look down at the pink table napkin holder since they are at Pink Diner. "That's- that's good to hear." He tried his best to not make his voice shake.

"Actually we're good. We're not official yet though, but he already broke up with Jackson last week and he kinda wants me back. We're taking things slow, so yeah, in the mean time, we're okay."

Taehyung wants to cry right there at the moment. His young heart barely processing what he is hearing. But still, he tries to act happy.

"That's g-good to hear! We did it Kookie!" But when Taehyung observes the younger's face, he doesn't look happy. "What's wrong?"

Jungkook shakes his head. "Nothing."

"Did your dad scold you again?" Maybe the younger is just having another problem with his father again.

Jungkook smiled weakly. "Don't worry about me Tae. I'm alright. And thanks for your help Tae. S-sorry for ignoring you this morning"

Taehyung grins. Of course a fake grin. "It's okay. So I guess..this is our official break up?"

"Break up?" The younger suddenly looks surprised.

"Yeah, b-break up. That's what you call it, right?"

Jungkook went silent and stared at Taehyung's eyes, as if searching for something. "So you're breaking up with me?"

The brunette wants to be confused at the raven head's actions, but didn't. "Well, yes Kookie. Now you wouldn't want Yugyeom to get mad at you, right? You don't want people gossiping about your recent break up with me and be with Yugyeom."

"Yeah you're right." The younger mumbles and nods.

Taehyung is hurting on where their conversation is going. He realized this is the end of it all. As of this moment, he wants to be alone and cry his heart out. "Kookie, I need to go back to work."

The brunette was about to stand up but Jungkook held his wrist. "Wait! I thought you have something to say?"

Something to say? Oh yeah, Taehyung forgot about that. He was about to confess his feelings just like what Yoongi said but how can he when his love is in a mutual understanding with his ex again.

"Can you please sit down again Tae? We're not yet finished talking." Jungkook said firmly but gently.

The brunette sits back again and didn't say a word. He's in a battle with himself if he's going to tell Jungkook his feelings.

"If you don't have something to tell me, I do have a question for you."

Taehyung looks up to the raven head and waits, his heart suddenly beats hard in nervousness.

"Why did you kiss me?"

The older cannot think of anything at this moment. He just opens his mouth and closes it again, then repeats it like a blobbing fish.