22

"Hyung, are you busy?" Taehyung asks Yoongi as soon as he closed the door of the studio.

"Kinda. I'm just going to finalize this one song and I'm good. What are you doing here?" Yoongi answered, eyes not leaving his computer screen and not moving from his chair covered by a jersey with a 'SUGA' printed on it.  Taehyung is always welcome at Yoongi's studio.

"I need help for something hyung. I'll just wait for you here. Is it okay?"

"Okay." The older mumbled.

Taehyung finds a small table at the corner of the room and he settled there. He takes out his music notebook and opens it to where he left off last time.

After a while, Yoongi seems to be satisfied of his work and he finally turns his chair to Taehyung's direction. "What's the problem, kid?"

"I came to ask some advice for--"

"I swear if it's about Jungkook again, I believe that I have more important things to do than that." Yoongi said with a raised eyebrow.

"No. I came here to ask advice for my assignment! We're making lyrics hyung. I already started writing but I feel like I need to see you." Taehyung said blushing at the mention of Jungkook's name.

Yoongi eyes him warily. "Okay, lemme see."

The brunette gave his notebook to the older and Yoongi studies the words. He sighs. "You sure this is not about Jungkook?"

"What? Hyung, I already said I'm writing lyrics. I didn't come here to talk about him."

"Your lyrics. Is this dedicated to him?" Yoongi said as he returns the notebook to Taehyung. The brunette just kept quiet after that.

"Maybe.." Taehyung answered in a soft voice.

Yoongi sighs once again and sits straight, now fully facing Taehyung. "I can give you tips based from experience. Like when I write a song, I reminisce memories related to the theme of the song. I would remember how I felt at those moments and what I have learned after."

Taehyung nods attentively and jots down some of Yoongi's words as the hyung continues to talk about songwriting.

"Try to avoid writing cliche words. Use deep and meaningful words that even the listener would still understand what you're trying to portray."

After awhile, Taehyung is already writing at his notebook and Yoongi is once again working on a new song. He stops as he thinks what to write in the chorus since it is the most important part of the song.

"Hyung, how about the chorus?" Taehyung asked suddenly.

Yoongi stops clicking on his mouse and takes off his headphones. He turns to Taehyung and the brunette is thankful his hyung is not looking pissed for the disturbance.

"What kind of song are you planning? I forgot to ask."

Taehyung thinks for a moment. "A ballad one? Since I like peaceful songs with soft melodies."

Yoongi nods deep in thought. "Maybe you can make your chorus center in a single emotional point of focus. Like make something as a representation of someone or your emotions. What do you have in mind now?"

Taehyung is also deep in thoughts. All he could think about is the raven head's angelic face. "He's beautiful."

The older shakes his head, confirming that this song is indeed about Jungkook. "Okay? Then you should elaborate more or try to think of something that portrays his beauty. Repetition is fine."

Taehyung nods again thinking deeply. He didn't realize that he's been staring into space for a long time.

Yoongi snaps his fingers in front of Taehyung's face and the latter flinches. "Maybe you should take a break for awhile. You cannot finish a song in a day, it takes time. Its okay to leave it at the moment. Your ideas will just come naturally."