30

Christmas break passed by in a blur.
Taehyung and Granny spent the Christmas eve together at the Jeon's residence. Jungkook's mom was so ecstatic to have guests that night, so she prepared food that was more than enough for them. Together, with Jungkook's mom and Granny, they ate the food happily and exchanged gifts (Jungkook's father and brother are still overseas managing business).

The two boys opened their gifts together and they were surprised that they received sweaters. Though Jungkook gave Taehyung a branded sweater that surely cost a fortune, Taehyung gave Jungkook a sweater knitted by his grandmother. They both laughed at their gifts and kissed secretly, far from their companions sight.

Taehyung couldn't be any happier.

As time flows by quickly, the brunette haven't realized his birthday is coming near. He just shrugs the thought everytime he remembers it.

Today, 29th of December, he walks into the diner to work. He enters the diner and greeted his boss as usual and starts to clean tables. He busied himself all day, checking his phone, when he had breaktime, if he has a message from Jungkook. But it seems that Jungkook was too busy to even text him.

Yesterday, Jungkook told him that he will have an urgent meeting with the coach and football players at school, so he cannot visit the brunette at the diner. Taehyung was okay with it and he just smiled to agree.

So as he cleaned the last table before his shift ends that afternoon, he quickly types in a message for Jungkook that he would come to drop by the school to bring him food. Specifically Mojos.

Taehyung didn't receive a reply, but he still walks to school, thinking that the raven head was just busy.

He walks directly to the football field, and as he reached the place, his head tilted in confusion. There was no one there. He scans his eyes everywhere but Jungkook is nowhere to be seen, nor his teammates. Still confused, he just turns around and decided to walk home instead. He would just ask the younger when they meet.

But as he passed by the locker room, he heard voices. He stopped in his tracks and neared the place to listen more. He widens his eyes when he recognized one of the voices, it was Jungkook!

He walks into the room, peeking in to whoever Jungkook was talking to. He tried to listen to their conversation, but he can't decipher any of the words because they speak too softly.

Finally, he sees Jungkook's raven locks. The younger was facing his back to him, so Taehyung peeks in more to see.

"Remember what I told you."

Taehyung furrowed his brows as he heard the unknown male speaking and widened his eyes when the male in question was actually Yugyeom. His heart beat in nervousness, it ached a bit. He will never get over the fact that the two had a past and they still look good together.

He gasped not so quietly, and he wants to hide in his pocket when his eyes met Yugyeom's.

"Oh hi there, Taehyung." Yugyeom's expression turned to a happy one.

Jungkook stiffened and turned to the brunette slowly. "Tae? What are you doing here?"

Taehyung feels deaf at the sound of his racing heart but then remembers the food in his hand. "I-I brought food f-for you. What are you d-doing here?"

Jungkook was about to reason when Yugyeom beat him to it. "We were just about to go home actually, since the meeting ended not long ago. Right Jungkook?"

"Y-yeah.."

Taehyung looked at Jungkook in the eyes, but the latter avoided his gaze.

"I know what you're thinking Taehyung. We're not doing anything behind your back. Your boyfriend here loves you, okay?" Yugyeom added.